Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Nor Cal Wheeling Trip, Oct 13th at Strawberry Pass

Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Nor Cal Wheeling Trip, Oct 13th at Slick Rock

UPDATE: Strawberry pass has been closed, we are now going to run slickrock.

I'm going to copy Sytfu's thread format!

Where: Slickrock. Trailhead 38 28' 07.5" N 120 00' 40.2" W

When: Saturday Oct 13th.

Who: Anyone!

Requirements: Sliders and 4wd. Lockers and Skids recommended, although I'm open-open with no skids.

Plans: Meet at Circle K in Farmington at 9:30am.
4469 Escalon Bellota Road, Farmington, CA
Then convoy up Hwy 4 to the trailhead.

Food: Bring what you need for lunch and snacks!

List:
Carson
Eric
Cody
Kevin
Chris
Old 10-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, looks like its about an hour and 40 min drive to the trail head for me, and about an hour from Placerville to the trail for you guys. I'll leave at 9am and meet you guys at the trail head.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Ughhh I'm off that day. No sliders yet though . Take some good pics please!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Is this trail doable with 265/65 tires and 4wd, no lockers? The only armor I would be missing is a rear diff skid.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Sweeet! See you all there at 9:30.
I only have 31" tires, so we'll see how far I go, but it should be fun regardless.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #6

I'm in too. Little tires just makes it more fun
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
cram89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cram89's Tacoma Gallery
Im still in!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So thought of this earlier today when thinking of what I need to do to prep for this weekend... the OP's name is Carson... same as my German shepherd thats gonna be in the back of my truck. haha. Might get a little confusing.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #10

What kind of weather should we be expecting?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
What kind of weather should we be expecting?
I would guess that the weather forecast for south lake would be close to what to expect.
Currently for Saturday it shows partly cloudy, high of 67*, but it'll probably be cold at the start of the run. The low for the night before is only 25*
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #12

Thursday looks like rain. Should we expect a lot of mud on the trail?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
new to the area, not sure if strawberry pass and strawberry trail are the same...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-Dorado-Forest
Old 10-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBPtaco View Post
new to the area, not sure if strawberry pass and strawberry trail are the same...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-Dorado-Forest
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/eldora...TELPRDB5362068
The "Route List" link at the end of the article has a listing of all the trails, including Strawberry Trail 10N13 (the name of the road for Straberry Trail, as described in the TTORA trail description).

New trail ideas?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #15

http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=9

This link says it's closed as well.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #16

slick rock?
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/slickrock.php

Eagle lakes?
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/eagle_lakes.php

Never been to any of these trails but all look like a good time and moderately difficult, nothing crazy or boring easy.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #18
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
slick rock?
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/slickrock.php

Eagle lakes?
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/eagle_lakes.php

Never been to any of these trails but all look like a good time and moderately difficult, nothing crazy or boring easy.
I did eagle lakes a few weeks ago. It was pretty fun, very dusty though.
I'd be down for either of those, though I would prefer Slickrock since I haven't done that yet.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #19

Eagles lake looks cool...and more friendly towards my truck
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
WOW. The asswipes that are closing these trails need to pull their heads out of their asses and focus on something better.

I have run slick rock before and it was pretty awesome.

I'll update the new destination to slickrock if you all don't mind.

Alright I updated the thread. Let me know if you all are still in.