Hey NorCal folks, I think we ought to have another meet and greet before the winter weather sets in. A chance to put some faces to some of the new names on this forum!
Our last meet and greets were in San Hoe, Dublin and Oakland. Given the wide area from which our members reside, it's going to be a haul for some of us regardless, so, I'm suggesting a Saturday PM meet so that we don't have to fight traffic to get to a spot after work
MASSIVE UPDATE 11-5-12
Saturday, November 17th, from noon till whenever
Bay Area Metal Fabrication
250 W. Channel Rd, Unit G (at the back of the building)
Benicia, CA, 95410
There is a narrow driveway that goes along the right-side of the building that takes you to the back.
OK Dokie everyone It's official! We are changing this up to be a BBQ Turkey Pre-Thanksgiving TW Thanksgiving Potluck thingamadoodlethingy! Let's do this up right and show the rest of TW that the NorCal bunch is the best on TW!!!!
We have done potlucks for mod day and they have been huge successes, everyone left with a full tummy
Here what we're doin:
Jerry is gonna do up 30lbs of turkey and we need all of YOU to bring the rest of the goodies. Now who doesn't like deep-fried turkey eh???
Here's what we need:
Commit to bring something to add to the feast including side dishes, plates, plastic eating ultensils (no sporks please ), paper towels, snacky-snack stuff (I'll mention it before someone else does: King Rolls), sodas and BYOB to share, any and all ideas welcome so chime in. Got some killer recipe from yo granny for some bitchin grub? Bring it on down! Think....hmmmmm what goes good with turkey in November???? Figure some desserts would be nice too.
Also could be helpful:
Some folding tables, bring your folding chairs, a football or a frisbee.
Anyone have some sterno heating trays?
Oh, and one more thing, Jerry is proving the turkey and the cooking skills and hosting, we ask a small donation from everyone to be made to the tip skull to offset his costs and show our appreciation!
Hope to see you all there!
Feel free to cut and paste your name to this list as we go.
1. Toytaco408 Pumpkin pie and drinks (don't forget whipped cream!)
3. Jberry813 (once he gets permission from Air Traffic Control) FUDGE? Easy up and picnic table/chair combos
4. MikeyTG chipotle yam dish, possibly some stuffing~that sounds good
5. Ortlie09 (Your bumper looks good on my truck) PAPER PLATES AND UTENSILS
8. Babytruck ( AKA #1 Brat -with moar girls) (MRS. I DON"T WANT TO BE #13!!!)
9. Skeeet (rhymes with MEAT!)
10. 4RunnerSeth (Wife unit is cool with it? YES SHE IS!!!!)
11. Rardigo (Reppin my 415) Green Bean ensalada eff yeah!
13. CaliAsh (workin hard on logistics, and part of the 99%)
14. Ian408 (With trusty sidekick) Plates forks napkins
15. 92shawman Cranberry Sauce
17. Matt (or whatever the hell your username is today)
18. 07trd4x4 (mmmnnn. Double chocolate chip cookies )
19. 05Moose Famous fudge
20. MjonAgs32 (KING EGG ROLLS!!!!!)
21. Jlee Turkey Meister!
22. Tard4life (Wonder how long it takes him to notice I mauled his username)
23. Lil'Taco (In your backyard) Green bean casserole and homemade pies
24. Baoser (Maybe)
25. ffdawson Cornbread muffins
29. Forestfire (Might have to go intimidate his boss)"Lowfat, and sooo healthy" sour cream and cream cheese whipped mashed potatoes w/ gravy.
30. Tacobot ( roasted veggies. Also a few bottles of drinks, both alcoholic and not. I may make some pumpkin or cranberry bread, too. Yeah Thanksgiving! (I'm too lazy to type all that))
31. sytfu510 (maybe)
32. 05 X-Runner
33. ferny (but he likes monster trucks better )
34. Raceline08 Ultimate mac n cheese
36. Jdtemple (maybe)