Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Tacoma rear speakers suck

Old 10-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
dannyhum1958 is on a distinguished road
Name: danny
dannyhum1958's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma rear speakers suck

Hello. New to site. great info on why my rear speakers suck in my access cab.. i'm not real knowledgeable on how to improve the sound in my truck. any and all advice would be helpful. my goal is to have a very nice sound with a stock radio. ( if that's even possible ) so thank you to all for your help. Danny
Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Let me just say it would behoove you to not create multiple threads on the same subject. People frown on that round these parts, your info will be seen and responded to as quickly as someone who knows the answer sees it. Not gonna do you much good to 'flood the market' as it were. Is it an issue of outside noise where sound deadening would help? Or would simply upgrading your rear speakers do the trick?

Also welcome to TW man! Glad to add another to our ranks!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Let me just say it would behoove you to not create multiple threads on the same subject. People frown on that round these parts, your info will be seen and responded to as quickly as someone who knows the answer sees it. Not gonna do you much good to 'flood the market' as it were. Is it an issue of outside noise where sound deadening would help? Or would simply upgrading your rear speakers do the trick?

Also welcome to TW man! Glad to add another to our ranks!
x2. only make one thread. if some can help they will post as soon as they see it. and welcome.

idk about the AC. but have to checked they fad settings on the radio? it maybe set to have more of the sound to the front. or to one side.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
dannyhum1958 is on a distinguished road
Name: danny
dannyhum1958's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you
Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Yes...stock speakers do, in fact suck.
Just get some aftermarket speakers, a small amp to power them and hook it up to your stock deck.
Might cost around $300 on the low end...$1500 on the high.
i have had an amp hooked up to the stock deck with an adapter in two of my trucks, i don't recommend it, the sound quality sucks, maybe they were not hooked up right though.
is there another way?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
aren't the "rear speakers" inside/behind the headliner?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
i have had an amp hooked up to the stock deck with an adapter in two of my trucks, i don't recommend it, the sound quality sucks, maybe they were not hooked up right though.
is there another way?
I have mine hooked up to the stock deck, and sound quality-wise I put most systems to shame. I am running an audio control unit between the amp and hu, this helps a bit more with finer tuning. It would be much better with an aftermarket hu. It can be done, just how much do you want to invest in it?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
I have mine hooked up to the stock deck, and sound quality-wise I put most systems to shame. I am running an audio control unit between the amp and hu, this helps a bit more with finer tuning. It would be much better with an aftermarket hu. It can be done, just how much do you want to invest in it?
is there a better way to do it other then splicing a $20 adaptor into the speaker wires?
that's what i have had to do to keep the stock deck.