1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Snow Camp Road (Eldorado Natl Forest)

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by coppert, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Jan 24, 2009 at 7:56 AM
    coppert

coppert [OP] Mall Krawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Finally got out on some trails last Sunday, up off of Highway 50 and Mormon Emigrant Trail. The road was called Snow Camp Road (only of forest service maps) spent a couple hours back in there and then stopped for BBQ, Beer and Guns. What more could a red-neck want? Unfortunately I forgot the camera, I'm still waiting on a few of the other guys to share their pics. :mad:
    I was curious if anyone else has explored that area? What do you think of it?

2. Jan 24, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    Not sure if have seen this but you gotta be careful up there.

this is from pirate4x4 LINK
    This is being fought to reopen the area up for the great snow wheelin that can be had. Are you coming down to Holister?

3. Jan 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    coppert

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    I did not know that, the guys I went with go up there to cut fire-wood a couple times a year, but that is in the spring. It's peculiar though, we stopped at the turn off for this road/trail and were getting our stuff together as a few deputies rolled by and stopped and asked how we were doing. They never mentioned anything about the trail closures. They just asked that we didn't head any further east on Mormon Emigrant since they were conducting a search & rescue a bit up the road.

4. Jan 24, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    coppert

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Unfortunately No! I can't get anyone to cover my shift at work that day. I will have to hit the next one. :(

5. Jan 24, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    Eldorado is suppose to be fing awesome for snow wheeling, I haven't been. But sorry you can't make holister, just trying to get some more TW guys down there.

6. Jan 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    coppert

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    It was lots of fun, there were some very basic trails, more like dirt roads. And there was plenty more aggressive trails to explore if that's your taste.

Products Discussed in

To Top