Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Best place to get hardware for Lift

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Baoser [OP] Baoser is offline
Senior Member
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Joined: May 2012, #78083
Location: San Jose, CA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 354
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
Best place to get hardware for Lift

Be gentle, truck noob...

Just picked up a used lift for the Tacoma, missing some hardware though.

From what I can tell, I need...

1) Centering pins for rear AAL
2) Use stock top hats, but may need to get extended studs to use the spacers?
3) Cotter pins for the UCA nut...

Anyone else see/know something else I may need and would want to help with lift install? Where would be the best place to purchase needed things?

Got quoted $350 for lift install, I told them some hardware was missing but was over the phone so not sure if communicated properly....

Thanks in advance for info everyone!

*Note will have all parts in truck at upcoming meet this weekend at BAMF, so if anyone that would want to take a look instead of relying on the picture and let me know that would be helpful as well. Thanks!*

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Joined: Aug 2009, #21110
Location: Roseville, CA (NORCAL 95747)
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,147
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baoser View Post
Be gentle, truck noob...

Just picked up a used lift for the Tacoma, missing some hardware though.

From what I can tell, I need...

1) Centering pins for rear AAL
2) Use stock top hats, but may need to get extended studs to use the spacers?
3) Cotter pins for the UCA nut...

Anyone else see/know something else I may need and would want to help with lift install? Where would be the best place to purchase needed things?

Got quoted $350 for lift install, I told them some hardware was missing but was over the phone so not sure if communicated properly....

Thanks in advance for info everyone!

*Note will have all parts in truck at upcoming meet this weekend at BAMF, so if anyone that would want to take a look instead of relying on the picture and let me know that would be helpful as well. Thanks!*

I would call toytec for everything. The cotter pins can be found at a hardware store or auto parts store. Also, those LR UCAs look like they need new ball joints.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Senior Member
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light
 
jluu44's Avatar
Name: Jon
Joined: Feb 2009, #13519
Location: North County San Diego, CA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 237
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
I would rebuild those LR UCAs as well. From the picture, it looks like the bushings were destroyed and taken off. You won't be able to install them like that. You can get replacement parts from SPC. I ordered new bushings and boots from them, but didn't use the boots so you can have them if you want.
I also have oem top hats from a FJ, pretty sure they are compatible with the Tacomas but check to make sure if you want them.
Also, get a new stem bushing/washer kit from toytec or wheelers off road.

I would save the money and install yourself. Rent a spring compressor from autozone or take the whole setup to a shop and have them compress the springs and assemble the front suspension for you.
If you need help with the installation, I can lend a hand and I am sure other locals will be down to help you too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Baoser [OP] Baoser is offline
Senior Member
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Joined: May 2012, #78083
Location: San Jose, CA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 354
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
I would call toytec for everything. The cotter pins can be found at a hardware store or auto parts store. Also, those LR UCAs look like they need new ball joints.
I figured as much, I have been checking online for replacement parts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jluu44 View Post
I would rebuild those LR UCAs as well. From the picture, it looks like the bushings were destroyed and taken off. You won't be able to install them like that. You can get replacement parts from SPC. I ordered new bushings and boots from them, but didn't use the boots so you can have them if you want.
I also have oem top hats from a FJ, pretty sure they are compatible with the Tacomas but check to make sure if you want them.
Also, get a new stem bushing/washer kit from toytec or wheelers off road.

I would save the money and install yourself. Rent a spring compressor from autozone or take the whole setup to a shop and have them compress the springs and assemble the front suspension for you.
If you need help with the installation, I can lend a hand and I am sure other locals will be down to help you too.
I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see if they have a rebuild kit for the the arms. I plan on using the top hats off my stock suspension.

Thanks for the info.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Senior Member
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light
 
jluu44's Avatar
Name: Jon
Joined: Feb 2009, #13519
Location: North County San Diego, CA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 237
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go:
http://store.specprod.com/productdet...0/1/1/25470118
http://store.specprod.com/productdetail/M50/1/1/25476

Hope that helps.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS-lift blocks, hardware and CHEAP leaf packs SmogSUX 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace 6 01-09-2014 05:48 PM
Place to install lift 619ivanru Southern California 11 10-23-2011 09:09 PM
Best place to buy lift jfrost007 Suspension 3 01-16-2011 08:00 PM
best place to have my lift done??? Fletcher007 2nd Gen. Tacomas 7 08-21-2009 02:47 PM
Trade: 3" body lift for your stock hardware, Local Trades Only! Beef Taco00 Buy / Sell / Trade 0 07-30-2009 02:41 AM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.