Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Anyone know of a really good alignment shop in Bay Area?

Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
Chris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Chris C's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of a really good alignment shop in Bay Area?

I have taken my truck back to dealer 3 times for alignment. Each time it got a little better, but it's still not quite right. After reading threads on alignment I now know what settings I want/need, however I don't trust the dealership anymore.

Anyone know of a reputable alignment shop in the bay area that has experience on Tacomas. My truck should be pretty simple because it's stock. Would prefer somewhere closer to S.F., but willing to drive to San Jose or East Bay to have someone creditable do the work.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
I have the lifetime alignment at firestone...i think it was $130 or something like that...the lifetime stays with the life of the car and any firestone will honor it. Seeing you already had it aligned 3 times already would of paid for it already...
Old 11-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
Chris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris C is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Chris C's Tacoma Gallery
I only paid for one alignment, took the truck back 2 more times to have them correct the steering from drifting to the left. Even gave them settings to correct the issue, but they could not even do that right. Thanks for the reply, however the Firestones in this area are even worse from what I heard. It's more like a lifetime alignment service because it takes them that long to get it right.

Found a couple of specialty alignment shops on "Yelp" that will do custom settings for reasonable rates.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsab916 View Post
I have the lifetime alignment at firestone...i think it was $130 or something like that...the lifetime stays with the life of the car and any firestone will honor it. Seeing you already had it aligned 3 times already would of paid for it already...
I thought about getting that but all the reviews I read about them are horrible. I went with les schawb as they've treated me right in the past, and they did a good job with it.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
Whenever i take my truck in i always stand by the garage door outside and watch them, i also ask a few questions which their pretty friendly about...i havent read the reviews on the one i go to (stockton blvd and fruitridge in sacramento) but they give me pretty good service, cant complain.

I dont think its much of the place that does a bad job but the tech...an old grease monkey can wrench better than a ASE certified tech or visa versa...the key to getting a job done well is finding that tech that pays attention to details...years of experieance is good but you dont know if he/she is a sloppy tech, one that just wanna get the job done asap and get paid for it...

Its probably a good idea to have the tech explain what the alignment print out means, even if you already know, it'll explain if he knows what he's talking about or not.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Southbound
Westside has a spectacular aura aboutWestside has a spectacular aura about
Name: JT
Westside's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about to install LR UCA's on my 2012 DCLB. It already has a 3" dealer installed Pro Comp lift and I have been very frustrated with the dealer regarding the impossibility of proper alignment. (that's a story for another time)

On good recommendation, the truck is going here for the alignment.

http://www.eastbayframe-axle.com/