Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

black friday offroading/shooting

Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
black friday offroading/shooting

So my girlfriend and I are doing our annual offroad/shooting black friday deal. If anyone wants to meet up you're more then welcome.

This year we're planning on heading to indian valley res or cow mountain. I don't plan on any hard core off road as neither of those places really offer anything, at least that I know of. If you don't have guns you're more then welcome to use mine as long as you're safe, help clean up, and buy your own ammo, its EXPENSIVE.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
I usually head out to sunnyvale rod and gun club in cupertino (since they're local to me). But yea, it's a fantastic way to spend the morning with friends and family that just came back to town.

ironically enough, i usually spend more money shooting on a black friday than i do buying stuff.

SMK .308 in 168gr bthp is over a buck each now!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
That sounds like an AWESOME way to spend a day like Black Friday....Good on ya for making an opportunity to send time together and not doing the shopping thing...
Yeah, it's something we look forward to all year. Neither of us are big shopping people, nor big crowd people so throw the two together and lets just say I'd probably loose it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
I usually head out to sunnyvale rod and gun club in cupertino (since they're local to me). But yea, it's a fantastic way to spend the morning with friends and family that just came back to town.

ironically enough, i usually spend more money shooting on a black friday than i do buying stuff.

SMK .308 in 168gr bthp is over a buck each now!
I try to stay away from ranges BLM areas are much funner. You're more than welcome to come along, though it is a drive.

I usually do to but I have a bunch of reloads from a few months ago, so to me it doesn't cost anything at least now
Old 11-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Very tempting, trying to figure out how long it would take to drive there. What city would be a good meeting point?

It would help me figure out my travel times!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #6

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtemple View Post
Very tempting, trying to figure out how long it would take to drive there. What city would be a good meeting point?

It would help me figure out my travel times!
Not sure where your located, but I'll be heading out from San Mateo.

This is the directions I have used for indian valley.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CC4Q8gEwAA

Cow mountain, I haven't been here in years and didn't have a truck at the time so I really don't know much about it, but it always fun to explore.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CC4Q8gEwAA
Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #7

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah we usually leave around 5 or 6 but we're flexible.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Cow Mountain !! I gotta work or Id be there.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #9

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad. but we should set up a nor cal meet sometime soon.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
^^Yeah that would be cool. I need to order up some more 5.56 rounds anyway.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
I love it out at IV, I have done countless camping trips out there.

Beautiful riding opportunity

Great hills to climb

And some fun go fast stuff when the lake is dried up

Definitely a better spot to shoot than a range
Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

Shitty vid of lake bed

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v1CBHNTdb1M
Old 11-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #13

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome! The lake was low but didn't look low enough to drive on. How do you get down there? We usually stay away from the lake as thats where all the dirtbikes/atvs are and we're usually shooting, I prefer not to shoot you guys But I've done a bit of exploring, only made it down to the camping area near the damn.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #14

There's several areas off of bartlet springs road on the north side of the lake that allow you to drop into the lake. There's also a boat dock over there, when's it's dry you can just drive straight in.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #15

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Figured it was over there, haven't made it that far in yet, i like to check or all the side trails which takes quite a bit of time. Every time i go i think, this time I'll make it over there but hasn't happened yet