Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

BHLM specific Mod Day - any interest?

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM specific Mod Day - any interest?

EDIT: It's ON.

Here's the official signup thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post6111272

Original Feeler:
I'm NOT committing to this yet - but gauging interest.

I'm thinking of finally doing BHLM on my truck. That's a tedious job and probably more fun with more folks around.

So I'm wondering if I hosted a BHLM specific Mod Day at my house in San Jose around end of Dec beginning of Jan (perhaps Dec 31??) would there be any interest?

Basically we'd just do black-headlight mods, and maybe retrofits.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
I'm NOT committing to this yet - but gauging interest.

I'm thinking of finally doing BHLM on my truck. That's a tedious job and probably more fun with more folks around.

So I'm wondering if I hosted a BHLM specific Mod Day at my house in San Jose around end of Dec beginning of Jan (perhaps Dec 31??) would there be any interest?

Basically we'd just do black-headlight mods, and maybe retrofits.

hmmmmm interesting

Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
We once did this with satoshi grills.... everyone got drunk and I was the only one to finish and leave at 9:30pm.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Might be interested to watch, help, and learn. From the research I have done, it it not a mod you do in 1 day though.

My skill are non-existant in that area, but do want to figure out that mod to do later

Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
We once did this with satoshi grills.... everyone got drunk and I was the only one to finish and leave at 9:30pm.
Well doing this in winter, kinda gotta finish, especially if i have to drive from SJ to Concord

Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
December 31st is my birthday. You buy my birthday gas, maybe some beer and I'll come do your BHLM's

I've done quite a few now.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #7
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
tempting....been wanting to do this mod..the list of mods to do just keeps getting longer!!!

Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
That's pretty comical. Definitely NOT the desired outcome here, though.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
it it not a mod you do in 1 day though.
I'll have to re-read the BHLM thread.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
December 31st is my birthday. You buy my birthday gas, maybe some beer and I'll come do your BHLM's

I've done quite a few now.
Having an expert on hand would be cool. We might be able to work out some additional incentives for a "ringer" to come in.

How many candles?

As an aside, when I turned fifty, I said I wanted the full fifty candles on my cake -- none of this "two candles shaped like numbers" stuff. It was quite a sight.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
tempting....been wanting to do this mod..the list of mods to do just keeps getting longer!!!
That sounds like a definite maybe.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll have to re-read the BHLM thread.
Hmm, I was lumping in a retrofit in with the BHLM mod I think as that is what I want to do.

If you were only painting the shroud, you could pull it off. Definately could if people were using a second set of housings to work on instead of removing/installing existing lights.

I'm sure Brian could chime in here on how long it would take.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Having an expert on hand would be cool. We might be able to work out some additional incentives for a "ringer" to come in.

How many candles?

As an aside, when I turned fifty, I said I wanted the full fifty candles on my cake -- none of this "two candles shaped like numbers" stuff. It was quite a sight.
Old man

Nowhere near 50 candles on my cake, that's all I gotta say

Jesse, I haven't done a retrofit yet. Someday maybe. I'm not worried about its difficulty though, it seems pretty straight forward.

As for BHLM's. I do it correctly, I don't just spray the lights, I sand them down very thoroughly. The process can take a couple hours. Sanding is the hardest part, chrome is not fun to work with. Painting them I can have done in about 20-30 minutes if I have heat, or heat lamps to flash off the paint. It takes roughly 10 minutes to pull the lights apart or reseal them back up. Double all those times if the process should include large amounts of bullshitting and or alcohol involved. You may actually want to triple those numbers.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt recommend having many trucks. Me and another member did our lights and it took me about 10 hours. He did his retro, and I did the BHLM, trust me dont have a lot of people just someone who has done the BHLM before to help you out.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
I wouldnt recommend having many trucks. Me and another member did our lights and it took me about 10 hours. He did his retro, and I did the BHLM, trust me dont have a lot of people just someone who has done the BHLM before to help you out.
If everyone does their own work, I'll supervise and help. Assuming people know how to use sandpaper, we'll be fine.

Retros, they're on their own, i'll help but as for time, I have no idea.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
If everyone does their own work, I'll supervise and help. Assuming people know how to use sandpaper, we'll be fine.

Retros, they're on their own, i'll help but as for time, I have no
idea.
We could get a bunch BHLM's done all at once I would think

Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #17
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Startin' to sound like this could be a serious possibility. Not likely a huge group, but that's reasonable since there's a limited amount of oven space. (We do have two ovens though.)

Sun Dec 30?
Mon Dec 31?
Tues Jan 1? - most folks too hungover to function?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Maybe. Not everyone always wants to help and you always have that someone who is selfish. What about the ovens? Anyways if you guys can bust out more than 3 pairs in a day I would be impressed.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #19

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is more what I was thinking might work for a mod day. Maybe call it a mod lesson day

Have someone that has done it before just demonstrate how it is done. Then assist/help/whatever folks working on it.

I'd still be down to go and help were needed. It would help me figure out what exactly I wanted to do.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #20
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I would ask ahead of time is make sure there are enough 10mm sockets and or plenty of Phillips #2 screwdrivers.

I would also ask you guys to bust loose the bottom outboard screw the night before because they're a PITA

Closed Thread