Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Looking to lift Tacoma

Old 12-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #21
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baoser View Post
I need mine put on too... =( I also have LR UCA's... =\
Lets do it!

I've never put on UCAs but I'm sure w could figure it out, especially with youtube!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for the offers! Im going to give it another shot tomorrow.. I've taken out coils and struts on my old 4runner before don't know why it was so hard on the tacoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
i can offer up my place, i'm in milpitas. i do need some help moving my car to the side of the driveway (the tranny and oil pan have a leak in my xb, and i need to move it to the side before i work on it)
thanks, for sure if i cant get them done tomorrow well set something up! if you need help moving the car still feel free to pm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Fuck paying someone, ask me to help.

Mike will you help me?

Why yes i will!

I'm no expert but i put a pair of coilovers and leafs on my truck and its still rolling! Got the tools let me know.
Thanks Mike if I can't figure it out Ill pm you haha

Quote:
I need mine put on too... =( I also have LR UCA's... =\
If i figure this out tomorrow.. i can help you out. lol
Old 12-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #23
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
haha sounds good, Ive done plenty of installs of coilovers on my other cars... -_- just need spring compressor and stuff to get these in and I need to get some hardware still before I can put these in...

O and I have OME shocks with 885 springs.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #24
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Just finished installing my lift
With the sway and steering arm unbolted that thing was easy to slide out. Kinda sad that I didn't make it in time for a alignment though. Going to take it to Firestone Wednesday to have them do the alignment. Thanks everyone for the tips and offers to help! It saved me a few hundred bucks! haha
Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRated View Post
With the sway and steering arm unbolted that thing was easy to slide out. Kinda sad that I didn't make it in time for a alignment though. Going to take it to Firestone Wednesday to have them do the alignment. Thanks everyone for the tips and offers to help! It saved me a few hundred bucks! haha
Which Firestone you planning on going to? The one in Milpitas gave the truck back worse than when I dropped it off. The one on Tully and Sunnyvale looked at my truck and said fuck off, we don't do lifted trucks. The one in Mountain View was the only one I could find that could do a decent alignment.

Quite honestly, Firestone is the reason I started doing alignments on my own.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ment-home.html
Old 12-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Which Firestone you planning on going to? The one in Milpitas gave the truck back worse than when I dropped it off. The one on Tully and Sunnyvale looked at my truck and said fuck off, we don't do lifted trucks. The one in Mountain View was the only one I could find that could do a decent alignment.

Quite honestly, Firestone is the reason I started doing alignments on my own.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ment-home.html
Wow.. I took it to the one on Tully rd and told the guy that I just lifted my truck and wanted to get a alignment.. He didn't say anything about it being lift just that he didnt have any time today to do the alignment but thanks for the heads up. I rather get it done somewhere else if that's the case.

Nice write up!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #27
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good to hear! I still need to install fronts (and rear) suspension on my 2012.

Glad to see it worked out for you.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #28
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Good work, way to tough it through and finish the suspension by yourself! Whatever you do, don't take it to the Firestone in Tully, they are horrible. I heard Fremont is the go to firestone for lifted toyotas. If you don't want to pay for the lifetime at Firestone, I just got my alignment from aligntechs in San Jose. They did a good job on my lifted FJ for $80.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #29
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Congrats man!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
Thanks Guys!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #31
So after a week of driving I guess the fronts are starting to really settle in.. Im about a inch higher in the rear then the front.. I don't want to put anymore strain on the stock coils so I am thinking up of changing them out. What would you guys suggest? 884s or 885s or Eibach if it isn't the same thing.. lol
Old 12-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #33
Quote:
I still need to do mine >.< been lazy...
haha if you need help pm me but i won't have free time until two weeks due to christmas and new years. but after that i can help ya out!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #34
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha if you need help pm me but i won't have free time until two weeks due to christmas and new years. but after that i can help ya out!
ill bring the drinks!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #35
Project510 has a spectacular aura aboutProject510 has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Project510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds good, thanks Happy Holidays in the meantime

- Baoser