Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Looking to lift Tacoma

Old 12-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to lift Tacoma

I have a set of 5100s and AAL that I want to install. Can anyone point out a shop around San Jose that can install it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
can save a good bit of money doing it yourself, pretty straight forward install
Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeton View Post
can save a good bit of money doing it yourself, pretty straight forward install
i attempted it but couldnt get the front stock shocks out

had it unbolted and everything just couldn't find a way to pull the shocks out. so i gave up on it plus it was a bit sketch cause i had a block of wood in between the frame and my jack because it was to short.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Theres at least half a dozen people here that would gladly help you for beer, pizza, and or cigarettes. Be careful if you offer King Egg Rolls though, you might get half the NorCal section at your house in 5 minutes.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Be careful, it might turn into this..I have seen it!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
lol

i think i will still just have a shop do it, since i dont have the proper jack anyways.

good to know what i can get done with king egg rolls hahah
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone else has a jack... They will bring the jacks
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #10
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Are you reusing the stock coils or do you have some aftermarkets to go with the 5100's?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Are you reusing the stock coils or do you have some aftermarkets to go with the 5100's?
i have coils already on the 5100s.

Maybe i can give it another shot.. Anyone have tips on getting the whole coil and struts out? I couldn't get it to clear the sway bar to remove.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRated View Post
i have coils already on the 5100s.

Maybe i can give it another shot.. Anyone have tips on getting the whole coil and struts out? I couldn't get it to clear the sway bar to remove.
Take the sway bar out, its a few bolts on each side of the frame for the brackets and 1 bolt each side for the link. If you don't have enough clearance to remove the coilover, you will have to either loosen the LCA by unbolting the 2 spindle bolts or the other way is unbolting the UCA. I would help but pretty busy for the next few weekends. Good luck and post here if you have any questions.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Just make a thread title King eggroll + beer lifting party. you'll have so many people at your place it's gonna be bananas
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #14
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^what he said
Old 12-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
Just make a thread title King eggroll + beer lifting party. you'll have so many people at your place it's gonna be bananas
lol as much as i would like to do this... the area that i live in doesn't have too much or any parking at that to accommodate it
Old 12-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluu44 View Post
Take the sway bar out, its a few bolts on each side of the frame for the brackets and 1 bolt each side for the link. If you don't have enough clearance to remove the coilover, you will have to either loosen the LCA by unbolting the 2 spindle bolts or the other way is unbolting the UCA. I would help but pretty busy for the next few weekends. Good luck and post here if you have any questions.
thanks, ill give it a try.. i did unbolt the sway arm and uca before, also recently read to unbolt the steering links? so i might give that a try.. well see how it goes lol.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #17
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
i can offer up my place, i'm in milpitas. i do need some help moving my car to the side of the driveway (the tranny and oil pan have a leak in my xb, and i need to move it to the side before i work on it)
Old 12-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
If you have some locals in the area that would help I'd take them up and learn something.

Although it would be nice if just once people wouldn't say do it yourself when you ask for a shop. If you had all the tools and ability you wouldn't be asking in the first place. I had a shop do mine but would have gladly taken the help of some locals had I had a weekend to spare at the time I did mine.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #20
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck paying someone, ask me to help.

Mike will you help me?

Why yes i will!

I'm no expert but i put a pair of coilovers and leafs on my truck and its still rolling! Got the tools let me know.