Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Anodizing in the bay area

Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
cameron is on a distinguished road
Name: Cameron
cameron's Tacoma Gallery
Anodizing in the bay area

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm pretty new to the area (and anodizing in general) so I basically know nothing about it. I've seen there are a few places (from google maps) that do this, mostly in the Freemont area. I was hoping someone here has used a place and can let me know their experience and rough costs.

Basically I want to anodize my stock lugnuts (I think this can be done because they are just chrome plated SS, correct?) in either black or red. From what I remember back home, you basically paid a lot fee (I think it was around $200) and you could pack as much in the tank as you could and get in done that way.

I'm sure someone on here has done some anodizing so please advise! Also, if the above is correct I'd LOVE to find a few more people to split the cost with!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have no helpful words of wisdom or advice. However, im sub'ing because I live in Nor cal and I have a few things I might want to throw in the tank... hope the tank is big enough..
Old 12-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
cameron's Tacoma Gallery
So apparently you cannot anodize steel. I am a tard.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
there're other coatings available. what are you looking for?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
cameron's Tacoma Gallery
Really I just wanted either matte black or matte red 'OEM style' lug nuts. I couldn't find any so I was thinking of going down the route of coating my own (without rattle canning them). I got some black tt's and I HATE the look of the chrome lugs.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
well, there's always black oxide finishing, that's better than duracoat, but not as good as cerakote.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
try http://www.sikindustries.com
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Give Global plating a call in fremont. Marks a good guy, if he can't do anything for you he should be able to point you somewhere else.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the Bay!

and

NV<CA

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
cameron's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tips everyone, hopefully Ill get time to look into them this weekend!

I guess my location is misleading nagorb; I mean AZ to CA, not AZ > CA! I'll have to change that!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #11

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I figured, just giving you a hard time.