Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

BHLM Mod Day San Jose Sat Dec 29

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM Mod Day San Jose Sat Dec 29

As proposed and discussed on this (now closed) thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...-interest.html

What: Mod day focused on BHLM - the "Black Headlight" Mod.
When: 8AM
Where: San Jose - "Dry Creek" area.

Black Headlight Mod is the priority. This is the thing you'll be able to get help and guidance on. Folks may take on other "minor" mods at their discretion, except for:

* NO SUSPENSION INSTALLS

* NO DRAINING/FLUSHING FLUIDS

* NO SEAFOAM/fuel injector cleaner etc: anything that will cause your truck to generate lots of SMOKE or NOISE

I'll supply sodas and water. Folks need to bring food as a potluck. Bring booze if you want to drink and share, but I ask that you drink responsibly and not get soused.

So, sign up on this thread with:

first name, what mod you want to do or help out with, what food you'll bring

Then on the day before the event, I'll PM my address and phone number out to the folks who've signed up.

List of atendees from thread below. If you're not on this list, post up so I can add you to it. I'll PM the address to the names below on Friday evening.

ToyTaco408
brian (out, can't make it)
acdronin
CaliAsh (can't make it. family commitments.)
tvbd56 (may be in town)
Baoser (maybe)
jluu44
acdronin
ault3r3d (maybe)
MJonAgs32
Jbcm12 (50/50)
sytfu510 (maybe)
Rustbucket (if not snowboarding - but with the snow we just got.... ;-)
SCRunner12 (maybe)
Alpha Q Up (maybe)
ian408 (will "swing by for a bit")

Plan on bringing
* a can of flat black spray paint
* plenty of 200 grit and 400 grit sandpaper.
* 4 or more "spring clamps" (e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Neiko-4-Piece-...=spring+clamps)
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
05' Silverback Gorilla!
ToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frankie
ToyTaco408's Tacoma Gallery
Frankie Garcia
BHLM (DTRL mod, if possible)
6 pack of Little Sumptin' & chips
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'll tentatively come. I'll try to be the resident expert. I may not be able to arrive until around 930.

-I am discouraging the use of Fusion paint instead of sanding.
-Everyone needs to bring a can of black spray paint, I prefer flat black, although if desired, you can paint your lights a gloss black color. Brands really dont matter much to me, as long as it sticks
-Bring sandpaper, 200 and 400 grit. If needed I will bring some finer sandpaper.
-Bring a metric socket set if you have it, label your name on your tools or make them easily identifiable as tools get mixed up often at these events.
-Stubby phillips screwdrivers are also nice.
-Remove the bolt on the bottom of the headlight, inside of the fender prior to your arrival at mod day. Its not super important to hold the headlight in place, and its a huge pain in the ass to deal with and can slow us down on mod day. For instructions, follow post #11

I will edit this post if I think of anything else. If anyone has a desire to do tinted tail lights, we MAY be able to sneak in a couple sets, however we will not do both headlights and tailights on any individuals vehicle.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm down to do mine thanks! I'll come up with some grub to bring
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
I would be working...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there to watch, learn, help and hang out.

There is a slim chance I might bring my retro kit to install if I decide to black out my housings at the meet.

Like Brian, I will probably be there closer to 9:30am due to the drive.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
05' Silverback Gorilla!
ToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frankie
ToyTaco408's Tacoma Gallery
now I dont know If i want to do my tailights or my headlights.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'll tentatively come. I'll try to be the resident expert. I may not be able to arrive until around 930.

-I am discouraging the use of Fusion paint instead of sanding.
-Everyone needs to bring a can of black spray paint, I prefer flat black, although if desired, you can paint your lights a gloss black color. Brands really dont matter much to me, as long as it sticks
-Bring sandpaper, 200 and 400 grit. If needed I will bring some finer sandpaper.
-Bring a metric socket set if you have it, label your name on your tools or make them easily identifiable as tools get mixed up often at these events.
-Stubby phillips screwdrivers are also nice.

I will edit this post if I think of anything else. If anyone has a desire to do tinted tail lights, we MAY be able to sneak in a couple sets, however we will not do both headlights and tailights on any individuals vehicle.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
I think I may actually be in town on that date, I've done the bhlm on my truck already and I'd be down to help.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Brian, you mentioned something about a troublesome bolt that ought to be loosened the day before?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
I believe he is talking about the one mentioned at the end of the OP including the last 2 pictures from the post below.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oval-pics.html

Or, at 1:34 in the video below

http://youtu.be/9TEX8wTy1Ts
Old 12-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
I believe he is talking about the one mentioned at the end of the OP including the last 2 pictures from the post below.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oval-pics.html

Or, at 1:34 in the video below

http://youtu.be/9TEX8wTy1Ts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Brian, you mentioned something about a troublesome bolt that ought to be loosened the day before?

Yup, thats it. I hate dealing with that damn bolt. I usually leave it out in reinstallations. Its not really that important. The headlight already fits fairly snug inside the fender, and the three other screws hold it in just fine.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
I can attend for a bit and help with some BHLMs. If anyone has a SWR meter, I would like to retune my CB.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I have an SWR meter you can borrow.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Steve!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
My lights have that partial haze like the ones in the video, i was thinking of hittin em with some rubbing compound and my orbital, thoughts?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #18

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
My lights have that partial haze like the ones in the video, i was thinking of hittin em with some rubbing compound and my orbital, thoughts?
Are you talking about the video I linked?

If you are, then maybe yeah. That does look like buildup on the outside of the lens. I kinda think doing it by hand over the orbital might work better though.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #20
ault3r3d is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
ault3r3d's Tacoma Gallery
I want to go but ill need to check my work schedule. I want to do a retrofit and BHLM. Will someone be able to help me out with the retrofit cause i have no idea what to do... i already have hids

Products Discussed in this Thread