Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Is this a scam or is it real?

Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #22
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
that site looks really sketch lol
Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Scam . Mess with him and say you sent the money . Then say you've sent it again .
I'd do this.. This is a big scam so might as well waste his time.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Subddd
Old 12-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #25
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Its tricky I felt the same way when I started doing business from an over seas vendor in China but this is exactly how they work as well. I send everything western union. I'd ask for refrences or contact info for past customers in the US and call them up to ask how thier service was. This is what I did for what I import. I literally had a string of over 100 emails back and forth from the company before I started sending money to them and talked to a few customers either on the phone or through email first. He could be legit and he could be a scammer. If he is unwilling to provide you with any customers contact info then I would definetly stay clear.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #26
chicka chicka, yeah!
mclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant future

Air Force: 4A271
Name: Jake
mclovin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERTHDZ View Post
Its tricky I felt the same way when I started doing business from an over seas vendor in China but this is exactly how they work as well. I send everything western union. I'd ask for refrences or contact info for past customers in the US and call them up to ask how thier service was. This is what I did for what I import. I literally had a string of over 100 emails back and forth from the company before I started sending money to them and talked to a few customers either on the phone or through email first. He could be legit and he could be a scammer. If he is unwilling to provide you with any customers contact info then I would definetly stay clear.

Hope this helps!
this.

i've done some jersey purchases like this and i think they even called me once to complete the sale.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #27
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Also since my imports are custom made products and have at least a week build time I only send half and only after they send me a picture of the finished product while holding a sign with the date and my name will I send the other half. We are talking of purchaces that range in the $1000-$3000 range though. Since we've built a solid business relationship now I don't really do that much now.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #28
KF5TUQ

BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronPig View Post
I don't even want to click on the link, that is how sceptical I am. I deal with internet scams ALL the time doing what I do. One thing I have learned is that ANYTHING outside of the country you are out of luck. Obviously Canada is cool, UK, etc. but then odds of geting ripped off go up exponentially. The deal breaker for me is actually the Western Union payment. That is the best way to pick up payment anonymously and disappear. If these people were legit, why don't they have there own payment portal on their website, PayPal, etc?? You are taking a HUGE risk on this one and I would avoid it. Once your money is sent and it was a scam, there is NOTHING law enforcement can do for you....except laugh and shake their heads!

Paypal does not offer their service in China Western Union is pretty much world wide.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #29
The Aviator
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The big issue is that if he is legit then why are his contact pages and other portions of the site still incomplete??
Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
The "Best Regards" tips me off..

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #32
The Aviator
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not only that. He never mentioned a grand total to ship it out, he was more worried about method of payment to him.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #33
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
good luck.

he is probably creating a credit card account in your name right now..
Old 12-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #35
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Visa, Master Card, and American express are worldwide, and offer great protection for purchases. If I can't buy it by card, then I'm not getting it. lol
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #38
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
To make this even better we should all "Fake" order one!
We should! Everyone do it!!! The outcome would be epic!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #39
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
We should! Everyone do it!!! The outcome would be epic!!!
Unless the guy is legit and then we are all the assholes.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #40
The Aviator

That would be a bad day for him. Have you seen hhis spelling in the original post though? Its atrocious!