Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

where to go wheeling?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #21
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
Cha Lives! I thought you were sellin the FJ.
Yeah, I did sell the FJC. I have been busy with the house and work. Just been hectic with all the changes in the last couple of months. Summer can't come soon enough, plan to run Rubicon, Dusy, Swamp lake and kokopelli's trail this year. If the ban is lifted in the EDF, want to run DV again too.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #22
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
Yeah, I did sell the FJC. I have been busy with the house and work. Just been hectic with all the changes in the last couple of months. Summer can't come soon enough, plan to run Rubicon, Dusy, Swamp lake and kokopelli's trail this year. If the ban is lifted in the EDF, want to run DV again too.
What are you wheeling now?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #23
j222 is on a distinguished road
j222's Tacoma Gallery
how do you get to eagle lakes?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #24
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.33...num=1&t=h&z=14

Once you're on Carlyle road you just keep going until you can't anymore, really. There's a split a little past driveshaft hill where the left fork goes down to Eagle Lakes and the right goes down to Fordyce.
Here's the norcalttora description: http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/eagle_lakes.php
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #25
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
Lets do it Cha! DV is good to go we just have to run it from the south side to the water crossing. We can't cross it just turn around and go back it's about 8 hours of wheelin. I'll be ready for the Con in a few months Linked front and rear
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #26
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
One of my buddies built this 4x4 mapping site that rates the difficulty of each trail. He's got almost every one in cali and goes all the way over to Virgina. He's done all of them on a cherokee on 33's so you can get an idea of relative difficulty...

http://4x4trailmaps.com/Trail_Map_Index.php
He carries a gps and trail mapping software in his jeep and built this website based on where he's been.

The only runs i've commited to this year are
Moab in october
Rubicon in July
Fordyce August
All the VORRA Desert Races
Hopefully the MINT 400 in Vegas in march

And i'm sure i'll have some gold lake/snake lake, slickrock, dusy and other runs peppered in throughout the year.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #27
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
One of my buddies built this 4x4 mapping site that rates the difficulty of each trail. He's got almost every one in cali and goes all the way over to Virgina. He's done all of them on a cherokee on 33's so you can get an idea of relative difficulty...

http://4x4trailmaps.com/Trail_Map_Index.php
He carries a gps and trail mapping software in his jeep and built this website based on where he's been.

The only runs i've commited to this year are
Moab in october
Rubicon in July
Fordyce August
All the VORRA Desert Races
Hopefully the MINT 400 in Vegas in march

And i'm sure i'll have some gold lake/snake lake, slickrock, dusy and other runs peppered in throughout the year.
That's an awesome website, thanks for posting it!
Is he the guy that wrote the guides to backcountry and 4wd trails for different states? I know that the author of those guides drove every trail he wrote about in a Jeep.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #28
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
No he didn't write those guides, those guides have been around for a while and my buddy is only in his late 20's and lives in sac.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #29
spitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austin
spitfire501's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimaura View Post
I know a little place to just get some wheeling done, its not a big trail but it is a open field with little bit of muddy "obstacles" nothing crazy, but 4wd is required if it rains alot... pm me if you want to know. BTW, its in vallejo, ca
i know where your talking about! its right in my backyard haha i'm over in napa. i would love to find other places around here though!