Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

First wheelin trip of 2013 Hollister SVRA JAN 27

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Cool First wheelin trip of 2013 Hollister SVRA JAN 27

Yes I know Hollister isn't that challenging for most, but it's close and does offer a variety of terrain. Along with the obstacle courses. ( They also added new stuff ) And a lot of us have been itching to get out and get the trucks dirty.

East Bay Caravan Meet up at Union City Walmart. 730-8amTakes about 1.5hrs to get to Hollister from here.

PRE HOLLISTER MEET SPOT: WE'LL GROUP UP AT HOLLISTER SAFEWAY 591 Tres Pinos Rd Hollister, CA 95023

WHEN: JANUARY 27th SUNDAY ( Be at Hollister by 9:30-10am )

WHY: Go wheel

WHERE: HOLLISTER SVRA 7800 Cienega Road
Hollister CA 95023

WHO: Everyone

WHAT: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179

Probably go early get to the top and setup for lunch. Cruise around til about 4 and go home.

CB Radio Channel 30

FMRS Channel 10

ATTENDANCE LIST:
-sytfu510
-MJonAgs32
-Ray ( T4R )
-SportyHeretic (maybe)
-JBCm12
-Kaliaie (maybe)
-audi0phile (maybe)
-otis24 (maybe)
-jluu44
-SCrunner12 (maybe)
-Rames (maybe)
-Baoser [Riding along]
-Forerunner +1
-Rames
-Overated
-Silver02Taco
-ToyoTaco12
-cram89 ( maybe )
-SCSperformance
-2 of my friends ( Tacoma & T4R ) [maybe]
-Jeremy + Sarak ( Tacoma & JEEP )
-Danger Taco ( maybe )
-Ae86coupe

Bring your own grills, or food solutions. Keep in mind we'll be there most of the day.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
I will try to make it
Old 01-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy, Ray with his 1st gen 4runner is in too.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing its 4wd only, anyone wanna lug me around so I can take photos and hang out?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:33 AM   #5
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
i think i should be free.

put me down as a maybe. but if i do show up, that's a guaranteed cheese bread. :P
Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcm12 View Post
I'm guessing its 4wd only, anyone wanna lug me around so I can take photos and hang out?
There's a lot that prerunners can do there too. Felipe (Nightstr) got pulled up the last part on the top, but he still got up there. I've also went with Ken (05sctaco) and he got up to the top on his own. You can also do a lot in either of the obstacle courses. But if you don't want to drive, you can always ride with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
i think i should be free.

put me down as a maybe. but if i do show up, that's a guaranteed cheese bread. :P
nom nom nom!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
No more IFS wheelin for me the truck is not going back out until it's swapped. I planned on going down there in March just to test the new suspension out but I'm a no go on this one.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
will i be fine there without skid plates and rock sliders? havent got around to purchasing a set yet.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
will i be fine there without skid plates and rock sliders? havent got around to purchasing a set yet.
You will be fine there is something for everyone there. It's not rocky so sliders don't even get used unless your looking to use them. My sliders are a rock magnet so i hit them on everything
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
There's a lot that prerunners can do there too. Felipe (Nightstr) got pulled up the last part on the top, but he still got up there. I've also went with Ken (05sctaco) and he got up to the top on his own. You can also do a lot in either of the obstacle courses. But if you don't want to drive, you can always ride with me.
I'll prolly drive down there, but my truck isnt setup for any wheeling and I'm new to this and that'd be cool
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
audi0phile is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
audi0phile's Tacoma Gallery
I hope to make this. Lookin' forward to meeting everyone and getting some real wheeling done.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going snow boarding that weekend. I think I might try to get down there this weekend. I have Monday off, so might go then. I just put Biltien 5100's all around on my truck and an add a leaf in the back. I've had the truck for a month and have only done a easy to moderate jeep trail in Joshua Tree NP. I'm going to stay away from anything remotely challenging looking as I have very little clue as to what I'm doing, I have zero recovery gear.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
Rames is on a distinguished road
Name: James
Rames's Tacoma Gallery
how is the terrain like? i have a stock 4x4, would my truck be able to tackle it?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #15
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
If I don't go to the mod day on the 26th I'm in.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rames View Post
how is the terrain like? i have a stock 4x4, would my truck be able to tackle it?
You'll be able to go through a lot of it. The terrain isn't rocky so you should be fine. Some better tires would be helpful but you can still come out and get the truck dirty.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #17
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
I should be there to take pictures, possibly riding with Alex?

Truck will be at Bruteforce getting some stuff... =( ... =D

I don't think my lowered WRX will make it...haha
Old 01-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I might be an in, I'll let you know more after this weekend.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
Rames is on a distinguished road
Name: James
Rames's Tacoma Gallery
count me in, are there going to be any randevu points for a caravan around east bay?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Might be in, noticed some grease leaking from my inner cv boot, should be fine though.

I have no armor or anything and have been there a few times with no problems, just don't go on the wrong trail. we can always split from the main group and do easier trails.

Anyone without a 4x4 or whatever is welcome to ride with me.

Products Discussed in this Thread