Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Good price on windshield?

Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Tinkerer
Backmarker is on a distinguished road

Backmarker's Tacoma Gallery
Good price on windshield?

Anyone in the Auburn area know of a good place, with a good price, to pick up a new windshield. The cold weather turned my chip into a 4' crack.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
I payed $160
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Insurance?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Tinkerer
Backmarker is on a distinguished road

Backmarker's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to pay cash, I dont want to claim it on insurance.

$160 is pretty good, where was that??
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker View Post
Im going to pay cash, I dont want to claim it on insurance.

$160 is pretty good, where was that??

that's the going rate across the US.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
I just went through the locals, most charge $180-200 and up. But I did some shopping and compared prices to get them to compete. There are a few things that I learned when searching
1) First ask for the price of just the windshield.
2) Then the price of installation
3) Percent of tax
4) Cost molding, most will require you to use a new one because its faster to tear apart your old one. I said mine is still good, so they didn't send one with the guy but he wanted to get to his next job so he said I'll give you the molding for free if I can cut this apart.

Ask for the prices seperate, it just saves a few bucks sometimes because they try to charge tax on installation. The molding will come up as well.