Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Jan 27th Hollister aftermath!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #21
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I would have come but the drive is just a little too far for me. May stop and check it out on the 17th as I'll be spending President's day weekend in the Monterey area. I want to see some pics!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #22
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcm12 View Post
Big thanks to MJ, I'm tired. BTW I'm not going edit anything, I'mm too busy.

The white Tacoma, I think that's where he snapped the yoke on his DS at the rear diff
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #23
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
I have a pic of you stuck lol

@cody
Id upload some but im back to using my old phone and the apps arent working.
Need to update its software.
Take them off of fb and put them here?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #24
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Take them off of fb and put them here?
Cant either.
My iphone hasnt been updated in like a year, im lucky the web browser even works.
Also for fb i have to email them to my fb email, thats the only way itll work.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #25
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cant either.
My iphone hasnt been updated in like a year, im lucky the web browser even works.
TW live? Email them to your live address.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #26
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cant either.
You can't just "share" the pic from you gallery and then chose fb?

Want me to put that one pic you posted on fb onto here?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #27
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
oh snap I didn't see this thread. Thanks for the link Siu

Old 01-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #28
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
So glad I was able to go, had a lot of fun here are some pics more later.

Thanks Alex for setting it up.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #29
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #30
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Really like that blue tacoma with demello bumper .

How did the h3 do ? Did it have a 5.3L
Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #31
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
H3 did well, not sure what he had in it, Forerunner might know
Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #32
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few from my phone:

Old 01-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #33
audi0phile is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
audi0phile's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Was def fun

Whats his face with the silver ext cab def sketched me out when he got stuck, sideways tacoma
But I made it ok, with some helpful guidance and a couple of tugs (thanks Ian and Alvin! ). Just glad I didn't blow up my drive shaft.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #34
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluu44 View Post
Woot woot!! Nice pic Jon!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #35
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
This place looks pretty fun. Definitely better than prairie city :\
Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #36
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #37
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
This place looks pretty fun. Definitely better than prairie city :\
It's got something for everyone.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #38

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about how we chose to get Cody back up and onto the trail today. I think we could do better next time.

A little setup. We were headed up to Hector Heights for lunch. Some of us took McCray Road to the top and others took a more difficult route that T's into McCray called Fremonita Rd.-on the map, this is a black diamond. Cody opted for the bypass and made it most of the way up getting stuck about 3' shy of McCray when the front wheels dug in and he could make neither forward or backward progress. We decided to just tug him up. We hooked the strap to the hitch of my truck and to the front of his and away we went-didn't get too far either with me getting pulled toward the outside edge of the trail as well as Cody having to climb over an increasingly steeper bank. At some point, we decided to pull the other direction which worked.

I think what we should have done was to winch using a snatch block and two trucks. That might have been safer by keeping both trucks from (hopefully) being pulled off the trail.

The down hill truck would be the anchor (in lieu of an anchor point). The up hill truck would winch the vehicle. By pulling perpendicular to the load, we could have avoided pulling him off-trail. The setup might have been harder but the recovery would have been quicker and less dangerous.

I'm open to other's thoughts too.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #40
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I've been thinking about how we chose to get Jeremy back up and onto the trail today. I think we could do better next time.

A little setup. We were headed up to Hector Heights for lunch. Some of us took McCray Road to the top and others took a more difficult route that T's into McCray called Fremonita Rd.-on the map, this is a black diamond. Jeremy opted for the bypass and made it most of the way up getting stuck about 3' shy of McCray when the front wheels dug in and he could make neither forward or backward progress. We decided to just tug him up. We hooked the strap to the hitch of my truck and to the front of his and away we went-didn't get too far either with me getting pulled toward the outside edge of the trail as well as Jeremy having to climb over an increasingly steeper bank. At some point, we decided to pull the other direction which worked.

I think what we should have done was to winch using a snatch block and two trucks. That might have been safer by keeping both trucks from (hopefully) being pulled off the trail.

The down hill truck would be the anchor (in lieu of an anchor point). The up hill truck would winch the vehicle. By pulling perpendicular to the load, we could have avoided pulling him off-trail. The setup might have been harder but the recovery would have been quicker and less dangerous.

I'm open to other's thoughts too.
Definitely sounds less dangerous to me, but of course not having been there I can't say for sure.
When I went snow wheeling to the MET, though, there was a tacoma that pulled off of the hard-packed snow and dug in to the soft snow and couldn't get back up. We tried winching him straight towards me right along the road to get him back up but he just slid along the hard pack and wasn't able to get back up onto it. So we used a snatch block attached to a tree on the side of the road to make the angle sharper so that the front end was pulled up onto the hard packed road and that worked very well.
Snatch blocks have proven their worth to me, so your idea sounds like a good one.