Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

4RS Mod Day #6 Roseville, CA April 13th

Old 02-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
4RS Mod Day #6 Roseville, CA April 13th

Been a while since I did a mod day. Figured its about time to do one. We will limit this to 2 lift kits. Will add a 3rd depending on what kind the first two are. We will try to get everyone's work done. but, with so many people it may not happen. Will depend mainly on how much suspension work we have. I have all the tools and such. You are not required to pay for work, but the tip jar will be there as usual. You help and others help you. Even if you are not mechanically inclined its no big deal. Plenty of us are and there is always a need for a 2x4 man. Basically this means if were working on your truck please try to help as much as you can even if its just fetching tools. All my tools will have to be put away when we are done. Parking will be a little challenging. but, folks who are just there to help and hang out can park anywhere.

I no longer have a spring compressor. So if we are doing a lift and one is needed, please try to have fully assembled struts ready to go in.

Food will be potluck. List what you want to bring. I will have the grill out if you want to grill something.

Saturday April 13th in Roseville, CA 95661

***********Update***********
The plan is to start at 9am. We will be doing a BBQ Pot Luck. So please respond with what you can bring for the BBQ.

Please reply to the thread if you plan to attend and what mods you have to be done.

Suspension work:

*1. Dexter319 (Brats, Chips, Beer)
*2. CaliAsh (Soda, Hotdog/hamburger buns)

Attending:
1. 4RS
*2. T4R4life (Chicken Wings)
*3. Mikey
*4. ACDronin
*5. Nightstr (Beer)
*6. Dylansbase
*7. Ortlie09(Sausages)
*8. msu15 (Burgers and Dogs)
*9. HiYota
*10. Pontastic1
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
damn it dude i do have stuff to install but its so far
Old 02-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
damn it dude i do have stuff to install but its so far

Edit: just notice its a wednesday, no can do got class for 8 hours
April 13th is a Saturday unless my computer calender is wrong I'll know if I'm able to go a little bit closer to the date.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
April 13th is a Saturday unless my computer calender is wrong I'll know if I'm able to go a little bit closer to the date.
ya i thought it was this month, i'll see put me down as a maybe, coil spacer, ubj and stainless brake lines.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
That weekend is booked for me. I'll have to pass this time around
Old 02-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
That's faaar, if I was getting my suspension done I would. Theres time...

Edit: Can anyone weld? I pickup one of those relentless DIY kits if someone could help me out
Old 02-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
seth. how's it going. you're a new dad now right?

and what the heck did you do with that spring compressor? it was sweet!

i've penciled in that date. no mods needed on my truck, but hopefully, i am down to help. not a fan of "other types" of spring compressors, so i let someone else crank those down
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
IM IN!!! (possibly definite maybe)

I'd like to install my plate bumper, I also have a CB to install and could use someone's electrical extertise on my rearview mirror if theres time.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Definite maybe Seth, had a blast the last time
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #10

Okay im in, but do you have a press seth?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
Okay im in, but do you have a press seth?
actually i dont have a press... what do you need to press?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
actually i dont have a press... what do you need to press?
ball joint
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
I'll stop by. Hope to have my FJZ80 by then. If not, I'll just drive the Sti.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
I'll stop by. Hope to have my FJZ80 by then. If not, I'll just drive the Sti.
Cool dude. Added you to the list.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #15
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
I might make it, but right now I'm thinking it's unlikely. I'm flying to Australia on the 19th for 6 weeks, so I'll probably be at home in SoCal preparing.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
Dexter319 is on a distinguished road
Dexter319's Tacoma Gallery
Would you guys be down to install some Bilstein 5100's in a stock 2012 trd sport prerunner? I have basically 0 automotive experience and it would be great to get some help and save some money since I'm currently a college student.

I'm guessing I would need to either rent a spring compressor or purchase one since I'm looking at using the stock springs.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter319 View Post
Would you guys be down to install some Bilstein 5100's in a stock 2012 trd sport prerunner? I have basically 0 automotive experience and it would be great to get some help and save some money since I'm currently a college student.

I'm guessing I would need to either rent a spring compressor or purchase one since I'm looking at using the stock springs.
If you purchase the top hats you can just have them preassembled at a shop. the prices vary drastically so you should call around. I will not have widow makers used in my garage.

so, yes we can install them. are you doing just the 5100s? or do you have a block/add-a-leaf for the rear?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
No definitely wouldn't want to put anyone in harms way. I am planning on doing just the 5100s, was planning on ordering this kit http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-11...le-shocks.html. I currently have the TSB in the rear so it looks like setting the ride height at 1.75" in the front would give me an overall level look.

Just for clarification, if I bought a new top hat and had a shop attach that to the new bilstein shocks we would be able to use switch the pieces out? Would this require purchasing new springs so they could assemble the front shocks? When you refer to the top hat I'm assuming its the "hat" piece such as in this diagram.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter319 View Post
No definitely wouldn't want to put anyone in harms way. I am planning on doing just the 5100s, was planning on ordering this kit http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-11...le-shocks.html. I currently have the TSB in the rear so it looks like setting the ride height at 1.75" in the front would give me an overall level look.

Just for clarification, if I bought a new top hat and had a shop attach that to the new bilstein shocks we would be able to use switch the pieces out? Would this require purchasing new springs so they could assemble the front shocks? When you refer to the top hat I'm assuming its the "hat" piece such as in this diagram.
Crap.. thats right.. you have to reuse your springs. dammit.. where are you located? I have springs up the wazoo.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #20
I'm located in Davis, CA. About 40 minutes southwest of you.