Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Hollister Hills President's Day weekend feeler

Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #21
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
How does one pick out a CB?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluu44 View Post
Nice what bumper did you get Steve?
Relentless Fab. Ordered it right after returning from SlickRock back in June.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #23
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Relentless Fab. Ordered it right after returning from SlickRock back in June.
I remember you needing skids from that trip too. Did you end up picking some up also?

And damn! 7 months for a bumper!!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #24
taco newb
xxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Boomer
Name: Titus
xxxotiknightz's Tacoma Gallery
Id like to go, but do you need any mods to traverse the trails there?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxotiknightz View Post
Id like to go, but do you need any mods to traverse the trails there?
Nah. Run what ya brung.

Don't head up the black diamond trails with an open diff pre-runner, tho, OK?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Aww man, anyone up for Saturday? Lol
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #27
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I remember you needing skids from that trip too. Did you end up picking some up also?
Yeah, I got some skids from "pelfrybuilt" in socal. Tyler does nice stuff too. I've already got those installed.
Quote:
And damn! 7 months for a bumper!!
Yeah. And some guys have been waiting longer. Mine was in with a big batch of, I think, *six* high clearance bumpers Eric was doing all at once.

People keep ordering his stuff, so he must be doing something right.

I suspect the essence of it is may be that the "Relentless" style may have a few more cuts and welds for a look that appeals to folks, but also takes a little longer to build.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #28
taco newb
xxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nah. Run what ya brung.

Don't head up the black diamond trails with an open diff pre-runner, tho, OK?
ok, well as you can see I just have a straight stock SR5. My wife and I may go down saturday afternoon and camp out
Old 02-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #29
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Might back out since my stepdad wants to go to a wheeling event at Clear Creek OHV the next weekend. I might get my bumper this weekend then. I'll know more tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtydru View Post
Im planing on going up sunday. Ill be there around 12. I dont have a cb
Ok no prob. Will look for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeMikeB View Post
If everyone is going Sunday I can try. I wanted to bring my daughter since Abe keeps asking me " Why are you always working on your truck." I just need to rearrange family stuff with the wife and newborn if I can. Is there an official meet time?
Not really. Never arranged a meet before, and since I'm not gonna be there from the beginning of the day I figured I'd leave it up to the others. I'm just flying by the seat of my pants here, seeing if there are a couple other Toyotas wanting to hit the trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
How does one pick out a CB?
That's another story for another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Might back out since my stepdad wants to go to a wheeling event at Clear Creek OHV the next weekend. I might get my bumper this weekend then. I'll know more tomorrow.
Ok keep us posted. I'll put you down as a maybe.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #31
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Alright, well as of tomorrow morning at 7 o'clock, I will not have access to the internet before the meet. Look for me, I'll be in the silver access cab with a gold weinerschnitzel on my CB antenna!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #32
taco newb

Sorry guys. I'll have to miss this one. Found out I have a check ride on tuesday so I need to study
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
So, did you guys end up going?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #34
TheeMikeB is on a distinguished road

Marines: SigInt 3 Mar Div 1st SSCT
TheeMikeB's Tacoma Gallery
I went, left around 230. Didn't see anyone there from here, but saw plenty of people. It was a mellow day for me I had my daughter with me so we ran a few obstacles on the courses and tooled around.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #35
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I like goin' up there with my daughter. This was a picnic lunch in November. It was a little rainy. The obstacle course was packed with folks getting muddy, but we had the trails up to hector heights to ourselves.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #36
Consistently Irregular
Didn't see anyone from here either as far as I know. Got there at about 12:30. Had a great time for a couple hours! Then blew a tire off the beads on a nasty hill (offshoot of Fremontia road). Tried to get out of the rut, but with no tire there was no traction and it was pretty much impossible. Rocking back and forth on 2 wheels, girlfriend (who I had made get out at this point) was screaming at me to stop from outside. Started walking until we found someone. Got helped out by a guy named Adam in an orange 4Runner (not a Jeep! ) Thank God for that guy... Got the tire changed on the trail, and had to drive down the rest of the trail in the pitch dark. Tree reached out to say hello (like an idiot, I had my hand out on it, slipped, and slammed my tricep into the door. Really swollen today). That's gonna cost me some serious dough. Gotta pay to play though I guess! Here's pics!
Having fun on some cinder blocks

Obstacle course was probably my favorite part of the day

And this was the point of no return. Or progress for that matter

Hard to thell here, but the rear drivers side wheel is probably 18 inches off the ground.

I think I would have made it if the tire hadn't blown

Here's what it looked like after I got unstuck

Nosed up against a tree to change the tire. Elite Offroad bumper took it like a champ. Not the lightest treading possible, but it was an emergency!

Trail damage assessment

Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #37
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Oh Sh!t!

That will *NOT* buff out.

That looks like it might have been "Lost Hills" you turned off on and broke a bead. What PSI were you running?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #38
Consistently Irregular
Quote:
Oh Sh!t!

That will *NOT* buff out.

That looks like it might have been "Lost Hills" you turned off on and broke a bead. What PSI were you running?
Actually I used some Scratch-X on in and it's cleaning up alright. But there's obviously some body work needed. Very well could have been. It's not on the map and the turnoff wasn't marked so we had no idea where we were. I was running 20 psi, which I'm now thinking with as narrow of a tire/wheel ratio that I have, I shouldn't go quite so low anymore
Old 02-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #39
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't have said 20 was too low. Were you perchance, a bit vigorous with the skinny pedal while trying to rock free? A lot of wheelspin?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #40
Consistently Irregular
No, but I was trying to turn the wheel and get out of the rut, so I'm thinking that's what blew the tire. I had come about halfway down the hill when it went out. Made it maybe 10-15 more feet and then I was rocking back and forth without trying to. At that point she was screaming, and I just threw in the towel because I didn't want to roll it end over end.