Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Hollister Hills President's Day weekend feeler

Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
TheeMikeB is on a distinguished road

Marines: SigInt 3 Mar Div 1st SSCT
TheeMikeB's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch that sucks, def not going to buff out, bit that shows you had some fun.

On another note I ran 15 psi out there and was ok.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #42
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeMikeB View Post
Ouch that sucks, def not going to buff out, bit that shows you had some fun.

On another note I ran 15 psi out there and was ok.
"Gives it character" is what everyone's been telling me. What size tires and wheels are you running?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #43
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Man that sucks, but that's where the learning come from, you dont turn on ruts, you just power through. I run hollister with 12psi and never came close to popping beads.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #44
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, those are some nasty scratches. I tried my crappy General Grapper AW at 30 PSI. They work a lot better but I'm afraid the skimpy sidewall won't hold up much. I just need to invest in better tires. But first i'm looking at a dry suit and a new mountain bike. So the tires will have to wait.

I made it out on Monday. I ended up doing 2/3 dives on Sunday. I was super cold! I had my deepest dive so far...99 feet. Saw a rock fish trying to eat an octopus and a few other octopus.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #45
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Update: Took the tire and wheel into a tire shop yesterday. Tire wasn't punctured (which I had hoped was the case) so for a total of $10 I got it mounted and balanced! Still going to need bodywork, and still going to have to replace the camper shell window somehow, but saving $200 instead of having to buy a completely new tire is good news!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #46
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Loving those ass up face down pics you have! What caused that? Were you stuck on a skid or anything?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #47
Consistently Irregular
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Loving those ass up face down pics you have! What caused that? Were you stuck on a skid or anything?
Nope, just blew the tire off of the rim going down a steep, deeply rutted hill.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #48
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah I saw that but how come your back end was so high off the ground? Was it just because of the steep angle and all the ruts?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #49
Consistently Irregular
Yep! It's hard to tell because of the angle in the picture, but that hill was extremely steep - almost too steep to walk.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #50

Haha awesome.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #51
Consistently Irregular
New camper glass - $120. Should be getting put in by Wednesday

Estimate for body work - $1800. Long story short, I'm not paying that much!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #52
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladTRD View Post
New camper glass - $120. Should be getting put in by Wednesday

Estimate for body work - $1800. Long story short, I'm not paying that much!
nice!