Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

problem with window switch anyone local?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
adower is on a distinguished road
adower's Tacoma Gallery
problem with window switch anyone local?

My passenger window switch will roll the window down. However it wont roll the window up. I am trying to figure out if its the switch? I would assume the whole thing would stop working if it were. Not just one way. Any help in what I should look into? I am. In sac. Ill bring ya a 6pack if needed!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Does it budge a little bit but seem like it does not have enough power to go back up?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
520Toyota is on a distinguished road
Name: C.V.
520Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem on the driver's side. Bought new switch from Maita Toyota for $195 and problem still same problem. When to the scrap yard and bought used Tacoma power window motor and solved the problem.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Honestly i would find someone with the same model truck as you first and just try their switch panel. then go from there.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
adower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Does it budge a little bit but seem like it does not have enough power to go back up?
If I try on the passenger side it doesn't budge at all. Its like itsto not connected. Drivers side and it goes up perfect.

I am going to try and pull the switch apart and clean it.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
adower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 520Toyota View Post
I had the same problem on the driver's side. Bought new switch from Maita Toyota for $195 and problem still same problem. When to the scrap yard and bought used Tacoma power window motor and solved the problem.
How can the motor be bad if the driver side switch makes it go up? Wouldn't the motor not work at all?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a double cab, you could try to the PW switch from one of them. Maybe the drivers side switch?

The door panels are cake to get off.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
If you have a double cab, you could try to the PW switch from one of them. Maybe the drivers side switch?

The door panels are cake to get off.
The switch panels can be pulled without taking the door panels off.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
adower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
Is that for a 1st gen? How do you remove the switch panel? I've tried searching but only 2nd gen tutorials pop up.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
That's far too simple. Though it makes sense...

(I've only disconnected/removed mine when I pulled the panels to wrap the armrests.)

Lol.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
That's far too simple. Though it makes sense...

(I've only disconnected/removed mine when I pulled the panels to wrap the armrests.)

Lol.
Yeah.. theres a clip on one end and a hook on the other. one end hooks under the arm rest and the other end is just held in by clips.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #13
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhYK...layer_embedded

1:04 is the switch panel removal. Can can watch most of it if you need to remove then entire panel for the motor after testing the switch.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #14
Flip Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Flip Dog's Tacoma Gallery
wow that video was very informative.