Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Chris 4X4 (with Julie), coming to Norcal, let's have a meet and greet! March 8th

Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #701
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
$307?
Isn't that like minimum nowadays?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #702
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
$307?
Isn't that like minimum nowadays?
I know huh? 75 in a 65, the regular fine without traffic school is $248.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #703
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I know huh? 75 in a 65, the regular fine without traffic school is $248.
Pay the $248 and take the points... most insurance companies won't ding you until the 2nd ticket anyways, and traffic school will be the $300 + school + a wasted day that's worth more than what the points might save you even if you do get dinged.

Now if you've already got 2 tickets? Ya... take TS.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #704
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Pay the $248 and take the points... most insurance companies won't ding you until the 2nd ticket anyways, and traffic school will be the $300 + school + a wasted day that's worth more than what the points might save you even if you do get dinged.

Have 0 points on my record, no tickets for four years.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #705
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Traffic school online takes like 4 hours.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
That's worth more than $200 to some of us (not me anymore, used to be).

But I'm weird. I'll bend over to pick up a penny... but I won't bother to return an item that was less than $20 because it's just not worth my time to deal with driving it back or packing it up and shipping it back.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #707
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

\But I'm weird. I'll bend over to pick up a penny... but I won't bother to return an item that was less than $20 because it's just not worth my time to deal with driving it back or packing it up and shipping it back.
You will never hear an asian person say that.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #708
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
not really, more like 2 minutes if you go to one in china town.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #710
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

But I'm weird. I'll bend over to pick up a penny... but I won't bother to return an item that was less than $20 because it's just not worth my time to deal with driving it back or packing it up and shipping it back.
Thats where I stopped reading
Old 11-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Thats where I stopped reading
If I'm in your hood, I'll kick it to Oakland first
Old 11-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #712
Banned
Quote:
If I'm in your hood, I'll kick it to Oakland first
You don't want to go to Oakland, for anything or any reason at all
Old 11-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #713

Quote:
Ya... probably right.
I did some work up there for Ray's Electric about 10 years ago. One of the number of times that I slept fully clothed and didn't shower the 3 days I was there. Don't think I slept more than 4 hours either.

A few months later when I had a job on Dolittle, I stayed in Milpitas.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #714
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There is ABSOLUTELY no reason on the planet!!!! That would require you to go to Oaktown.....NONE!!!!

If there is a store there with an item you want, guaranteed it can be found elsewhere.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #715
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna know, what caused Oakland to become what it is today? It seams to me that it is prime real estate. Did all the wealth just get up and leave one day.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #716

Inner city rot.
Government corruption.
The fire in the hills didn't help.
The airport is not a big help either. Airports are good for commerce, but they do not draw affluent residents. People live near airports because they can afford to live near airports.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #717
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
I wanna know, what caused Oakland to become what it is today? It seams to me that it is prime real estate. Did all the wealth just get up and leave one day.
Watch Cocaine Cowboys II
Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #718
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
There is ABSOLUTELY no reason on the planet!!!! That would require you to go to Oaktown.....NONE!!!!

If there is a store there with an item you want, guaranteed it can be found elsewhere.
There are plenty of reasons, one of which they have one of the only galvanizing places around.

It really depends on where and when you go, there are nice, ok and shitty places.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #719
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
The wealth lives in Piedmont. Or somewhere else in the hills. Oakland has always had a negative rep for as long as I can recall although there are parts that were OK. Like down on the waterfront-that's all changed. It's also always been in the shadow of San Francisco.

The current administration and members of the community are mostly to blame. They say they want improvement but it seems only if someone else does the improving. The administration gets the blame because it seems like half the city services are on the brink of federal receivership-kinda scary.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #720
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
The wealth lives in Piedmont. Or somewhere else in the hills. Oakland has always had a negative rep for as long as I can recall although there are parts that were OK. Like down on the waterfront-that's all changed. It's also always been in the shadow of San Francisco.

The current administration and members of the community are mostly to blame. They say they want improvement but it seems only if someone else does the improving. The administration gets the blame because it seems like half the city services are on the brink of federal receivership-kinda scary.
Yeah Ghangis Kwan, er I mean Jean Kwan seems to be more interested in her constituents that put her into office than helping out places like International Blvd, Foothill, 35th to 98th that have become fuckin free fire zones, gee, like four children, fuckin babies have been shot in drive bys in the last couple of years. Some in broad daylight. ODP and the AlCO Sheriffs have such a piss-poor relationship with the community that until they stop tossing people into that shithole Santa Rita for shit everyone knows the DA won't press charges for, nothing will ever change, that and until you do something about the 40+ percent unemployment rate among the minorities, nothing will ever change. You want to stop a banger from banging? Give him a job, he still wants to bang, throw him in prison, i promise you 99.99% of them will take a decent job first.
The other problem is that the traditional black power structure fell to pieces after the Muslim Bakery thing blew up, for better or for worse they were the structure that was there for years. Either way, the African-American population is slowly leaving Oakland anyways and being replaced by mostly Latino and Chinese. The Chinese are much more focused on organizing and gaining political power than the Latino community is. Eventually a Latino leader hopefully will emerge who is not named Ignacio de Feuntes who can actually get the Latino community to believe in themselves and take the mayor's office away from the Chinese and maybe make International Blvd safe again. I guarantee you the business leaders in Chinatown couldn't care less about the killings outside their community and apparently, neither does the mayor they have in their pocket. Nosirreebob, instead, those leaders set up private security in Chinatown with OPD resources at their beck and call because of the high rate of robberies in Chinatown. You know what happens in the rest of Oakland if you get robbed? You have two choices, both of which do not involve seeing a police officer, 1. You can leave a voicemail to OPD and 2. you can fill out a form online. For a crime that, unless someone gets killed, will most likely never be investigated, period.