Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

:wave:

Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
:wave:

You guys are gonna need to let us know what parts of the SF area we need to avoid. Im guessing the Mission district, and North Bay havent gotten any better since.....ever?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The mission isn't so bad anymore but do avoid Hunters Point ,The Alemany Projects and The Sunnydale Projects .don't want to park ur truck around there .Valencia has tons of pretty cool bars and places to eat so make sure you check that out.the city has tons of cool spots to eat and have a beer and of course the Golden Gate Park is always great place to explore.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
audi0phile is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
audi0phile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09FriscoTaco View Post
The mission isn't so bad anymore but do avoid Hunters Point ,The Alemany Projects and The Sunnydale Projects .don't want to park ur truck around there .Valencia has tons of pretty cool bars and places to eat so make sure you check that out.the city has tons of cool spots to eat and have a beer and of course the Golden Gate Park is always great place to explore.

Second valencia and also the haight area. Toronado and Page bar are pretty rad and you can find parking on the weekend at the DMV.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Valencia has a couple of great coffee shops and places to get a slice of pizza. If you have time, you should check out the Presidio or the Marin headlands just north of the Golden Gate.

By simply walking, I've covered Union Square, Chinatown, Marina, all along the Embarcadero, down to SoMa, through the Mission and back up to Union Square. Took me all day in the middle of January, cold yes, but it was a great experience. Esp fun w/ the DSLR.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Fort Point below the southern part of the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Recreation Area on the northern side of the GGB, and the presidio are awesome if you are interested in military history/history in general. There are also some fantastic photo ops in these place weather depending.

Golden Gate Park is pretty cool also with it's people watching opportunities and museums/aquarium.

Alcatraz is pretty cool if you have never been there before. If you have been there, not so much

Union Square can be fun if you want to just shop or watch/ride a trolley (the turn around is ok if you have never seen it)

I leave the nightlife, food places, and hole in the wall spot recommendations up to the locals
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Why?? Why hasn't anyone stepped up to the plate to show this man around?? Man if he came down to South Texas, I'd first buy him a beer then show him around in my humble Taco! Don't just tell the man where to go show him around.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Why?? Why hasn't anyone stepped up to the plate to show this man around?? Man if he came down to South Texas, I'd first buy him a beer then show him around in my humble Taco!
We're gonna show him around, I was thinking maybe of taking him and Julie up to the Headlands since they are not getting a car
Old 02-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Why?? Why hasn't anyone stepped up to the plate to show this man around?? Man if he came down to South Texas, I'd first buy him a beer then show him around in my humble Taco! Don't just tell the man where to go show him around.
Its all good buddy! My Wife wants to do the turist thing, and we just want to make sure we dont end up somplace we shouldnt. As for eeting folks, There is already a thread for the Meet & Greet for when I come up there
Old 02-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I'll show you around SF chris, been there once of times, know the place as well as I know your middle name
My middle name happen to be "Chris".....
Old 02-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
the mission district as really stepped it up. some fantastic restaurants there. heck, even my favorite soul food joint is in Hunter's point. i just make sure to go during the day time.

tourist stuff? like alcatraz and fisherman's wharf? chinatown is fun..still. you are in for a good time. i say, if you have to avoid one neighborhood, it is the tenderloin. it is fine in the daytime..but nightime can get sketch. it is really close to downtown SF, so you can be rolling around Union Square, take a wrong turn (on foot) go a few block and be smack dab in the middle of the Loin.

San Francisco is fantastic. i love the place.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
the mission district as really stepped it up. some fantastic restaurants there. heck, even my favorite soul food joint is in Hunter's point. i just make sure to go during the day time.

tourist stuff? like alcatraz and fisherman's wharf? chinatown is fun..still. you are in for a good time. i say, if you have to avoid one neighborhood, it is the tenderloin. it is fine in the daytime..but nightime can get sketch. it is really close to downtown SF, so you can be rolling around Union Square, take a wrong turn (on foot) go a few block and be smack dab in the middle of the Loin.

San Francisco is fantastic. i love the place.
Ditto on the Tenderloin, lot's of bad stuff down there. meh, I think Julie can keep herself entertained along the waterfront anyways, lot's of stuff to see down there.
Hey Chris, I'm thinkin maybe I could pick you guys up and run you up to the Headlands, it's cool to check out the GG Bridge and the WWII ruins out in the Headlands, plus they put one of the Iowa's 16 inch guns up there and I have been wanting to check it out anyways. It's best to drive up there, way too far to walk and too long for public transpo.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

You guys are gonna need to let us know what parts of the SF area we need to avoid. Im guessing the Mission district, and North Bay havent gotten any better since.....ever?
You are a good guy, so if you need a ride, like to and from airport, just give me a PM. I'll be glad to assist.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #14
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I may be able to get us a free private tour at Alcatraz..??? If the person I know still works there...and if you guys care about that lol
Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Ditto on the Tenderloin, lot's of bad stuff down there. meh, I think Julie can keep herself entertained along the waterfront anyways, lot's of stuff to see down there.
Hey Chris, I'm thinkin maybe I could pick you guys up and run you up to the Headlands, it's cool to check out the GG Bridge and the WWII ruins out in the Headlands, plus they put one of the Iowa's 16 inch guns up there and I have been wanting to check it out anyways. It's best to drive up there, way too far to walk and too long for public transpo.
Awsome! Jon already volunteered to take us on Sat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbibi View Post
You are a good guy, so if you need a ride, like to and from airport, just give me a PM. I'll be glad to assist.
I will, vbibi! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I may be able to get us a free private tour at Alcatraz..??? If the person I know still works there...and if you guys care about that lol
See if you can! Julie would dig that!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #16
Julie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Julie4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the advice!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Awsome! Jon already volunteered to take us on Sat.

I will, vbibi! Thanks!

See if you can! Julie would dig that!
Maybe I might run up there with you guys anyways, i love it up there
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie4x4 View Post
Thanks for all the advice!
Hi Julie! Looking forwards to meeting you and your hubby in person
Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
If you drop anything on the streets and your wearing shorts, leave it, you don't want to do any unnecessary bending over, and stay away from Oakland.

Why?

Oakland is actually a beautiful city. Downtown/uptown Oakland has some of the best reviewed new restaurants in the Bay area.