1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Walker Hot Springs, NV

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by dpeezy3000, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Feb 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    dpeezy3000

dpeezy3000 [OP] Member

Member:
    Has anyone been here?

It appears to be a hot springs on Walker River in Nevada, between Mono Lake and Walker Lake.

I'm not trying to tell the world about this if it isn't well known, but since I'm new to 4x4 off-roading, with a new TRD Taco (RIP "rally" Camry), I thought I'd ask around. My girlfriend found this one and we are trying to check it out. Insight and tips about this location appreciated.

If this post should be in a different forum, LMK. I'm also taking the offroading sticky to the store with me tonight... :D

2. Feb 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    kalieaire

kalieaire i didn't know they stacked sh*t that high.

Member:
    Santa Clara County
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off-Road 4x4 AC V6 6MT
    Adventure Trailers Atlas, Demello Sliders, BAMF Skids, PelfreyBilt Bumpers, SCS Ray 10
    can't say i've been there, but yea, simple things like rock sliders and skids for your diff and tranny might be important for a new truck. understanding how to air down your tires to get more traction (meaning bring an air compressor).

there was someone who broke their propeller shaft at hollister not too long ago. bring an extra jerry w/ fuel just in case. bring extra clothes, blankets, and food/water in case you get stuck.

bring a ham or cb if that fits in your budget.

3. Feb 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    w3tw0rks

w3tw0rks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alvin
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Xtracab 4x4
    I haven't been there myself either. But if you do plan on being in that area you should check out Bodie Ghost Town and the Tufa Towers at Mono Lake. I would recommend you either plan out the miles or just bring a jerry can just in case. Some of those trails can go on for miles and miles.

Kalieaire brought up some good points. I would like to add a couple things:

- Notify friends and family where you will be going, what routes you will take, how long your trip is, setup checkpoints where you would call to say you are okay.
    - Bring tools and spare parts.
    - Make sure to have a full size spare tire and check it's in good condition.
    - Shovel and axe/chain saw
    - Air compressor
    - Tire plugs
    - Try to go with another rig or two
    - Tread lightly

I'm probably just regurgitating what is already on the offroad sticky...oh well. Be safe and have fun!

Products Discussed in

To Top