Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Walker Hot Springs, NV

Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
dpeezy3000 will become famous soon enoughdpeezy3000 will become famous soon enough
dpeezy3000's Tacoma Gallery
Question Walker Hot Springs, NV

Has anyone been here?

It appears to be a hot springs on Walker River in Nevada, between Mono Lake and Walker Lake.

I'm not trying to tell the world about this if it isn't well known, but since I'm new to 4x4 off-roading, with a new TRD Taco (RIP "rally" Camry), I thought I'd ask around. My girlfriend found this one and we are trying to check it out. Insight and tips about this location appreciated.

If this post should be in a different forum, LMK. I'm also taking the offroading sticky to the store with me tonight...
Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
can't say i've been there, but yea, simple things like rock sliders and skids for your diff and tranny might be important for a new truck. understanding how to air down your tires to get more traction (meaning bring an air compressor).

there was someone who broke their propeller shaft at hollister not too long ago. bring an extra jerry w/ fuel just in case. bring extra clothes, blankets, and food/water in case you get stuck.

bring a ham or cb if that fits in your budget.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't been there myself either. But if you do plan on being in that area you should check out Bodie Ghost Town and the Tufa Towers at Mono Lake. I would recommend you either plan out the miles or just bring a jerry can just in case. Some of those trails can go on for miles and miles.

Kalieaire brought up some good points. I would like to add a couple things:

- Notify friends and family where you will be going, what routes you will take, how long your trip is, setup checkpoints where you would call to say you are okay.
- Bring tools and spare parts.
- Make sure to have a full size spare tire and check it's in good condition.
- Shovel and axe/chain saw
- Air compressor
- Tire plugs
- Try to go with another rig or two
- Tread lightly

I'm probably just regurgitating what is already on the offroad sticky...oh well. Be safe and have fun!