Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Good place to take a day trip around sac?

Old 02-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Question Good place to take a day trip around sac?

Hey guys,
Off topic from tacoma's but related to NorCal.
First time in a while this weekend that my girl and I are both free. Looking to take a day trip somewhere. Problem is, I can't think of anything going on or cool new places to go. I haven't really gone anywhere in a while beside Tahoe or down to Frisco. Anyone know any cool places to take the girl. Maybe the dogs too.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
ever been to the mystery spot?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
ever been to the mystery spot?
do tell.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
It's in santa cruz, its a spot where weird shit happens, it plays tricks with your eyes and mind and do shit like this

plus after yall can hit the santa cruz boardwalk don;t know how the weather is gonna be like but its fun when the weather is nice.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
It's in santa cruz, its a spot where weird shit happens, it plays tricks with your eyes and mind and do shit like this

plus after yall can hit the santa cruz boardwalk don;t know how the weather is gonna be like but its fun when the weather is nice.
Ahh that's right, For the longest time I never knew what the yellow "mystery spot" stickers were and I finally searched it a couple months ago.

Santa Cruz is a nice place to go especially if you haven't been around norcal much.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Monterey is cool for a day trip. The shops are dog-friendly too
Old 02-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget some places like Auburn, Jackson, Downieville, Sierra, CA.and Nevada City. All fun places to visit, have some grub, spend the night, see some history.

also "Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park"
Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
You definitely can't go wrong with wine country. There're nice areas to walk about, an abundance of wineries, and many many restaurants for a quiet romantic dinner. Then pick out a bed and breakfast, wash, rinse and repeat.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Well since you said sac, i'll give you what i know about the town of sac...

If you guys start early temple coffee has the best coffee/tea in town

The river is always a great spot to bring the dogs and picnic cast out a pole, go on the north side or the river down armerican river trail or to discovery park

Old town sac has a myriad of things to do but is too touristy for me

Clarksburg in south sac has some good wineries

For the best picnic spot in town go to McKinley Park, butstop at Sellands Market, Magpie café or One speed Pizza for the best to-go food

Mid town stop and club 21 usually has fun Swing dancing if your into that, the ladies eat it up.

For a day drink sesh I like Swabbies on the river, Virgin Sturgeon or crawdads (both also on the river)

For night life I like Shady lady saloon for good southern style foold and mellow enough live music to enjoy your company.

If you wanna wheel the truck first come to prairie city

Thats all i got for now.

I love sac and have spent way too much of my life finding the best hot spots.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
Well since you said sac, i'll give you what i know about the town of sac...

If you guys start early temple coffee has the best coffee/tea in town

The river is always a great spot to bring the dogs and picnic cast out a pole, go on the north side or the river down armerican river trail or to discovery park

Old town sac has a myriad of things to do but is too touristy for me

Clarksburg in south sac has some good wineries

For the best picnic spot in town go to McKinley Park, butstop at Sellands Market, Magpie café or One speed Pizza for the best to-go food

Mid town stop and club 21 usually has fun Swing dancing if your into that, the ladies eat it up.

For a day drink sesh I like Swabbies on the river, Virgin Sturgeon or crawdads (both also on the river)

For night life I like Shady lady saloon for good southern style foold and mellow enough live music to enjoy your company.

If you wanna wheel the truck first come to prairie city

Thats all i got for now.

I love sac and have spent way too much of my life finding the best hot spots.
Awesome! Thanks for the reply!
Temple is definitely the best in town! I've never heard of shady lady or swabbies.