Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Hollister Hills Geocache Bash - April 13, 2013

Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
I will be getting there around 7- 7:30 to set up so we can load gps's that people bring. We are expecting a good turnout.

Things to watch out for:
  • Tics
  • Poison oak
  • Having too much fun
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #22
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be there.I just don't have a GPS unit so I won't b able to participate but ill b hanging around.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
So who's actually going to this? I'll be going to wheel, but not take part in the gps stuff. I'll be getting there a little before ten and meeting up with some 4runner guys.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
damn, i really wanted to go to this. and its gonna be my b-day!!!

we got a last minute appt tomorrow morning. WHACK!!!! maybe next weekend i may take a trip out there
Old 04-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #27
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the glen View Post
I'll be there with my girlfriend. Never did it before but hopefully have some fun and maybe meet some guys from tacoma world.
Will post a couple of pics tomorrow, but a great day, lots of fun, adventure, and even got some pin striping.

Thanks for both of you coming along. Nice truck, can't wait to see it when finished.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
the glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe glen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Glen
the glen's Tacoma Gallery
a big thanks to jim b

Had a great time wheelin around hollister hills. Met some sediment people especially Jim. Learned about a new hobby, geocaching, pretty cool. Got some nice pin stripes from all the tree branches on my basically stock spruce mica trd off road. Also go towed out in reverse by a 4runner(thanks Tom). All in all it was a really good time. Oh yeah, I won some cool stuff at the raffle. Just want to say thanks again to Jim for all the help in getting me out of that situation on the hill.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #30
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Had a great time wheelin around hollister hills. Met some sediment people especially Jim. Learned about a new hobby, geocaching, pretty cool. Got some nice pin stripes from all the tree branches on my basically stock spruce mica trd off road. Also go towed out in reverse by a 4runner(thanks Tom). All in all it was a really good time. Oh yeah, I won some cool stuff at the raffle. Just want to say thanks again to Jim for all the help in getting me out of that situation on the hill.
are you 4 wheel drive? I been wanting to go up that way in my pre-runner
Old 04-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #32
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
will do. let me check that out.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #34
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Glen on the move as he backs out of a hole, peddle to the metal, he made it out fine. great driving skills, darn steep hill. Me runnin to stay both out of the poison oak and his way. Great fun.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #35
MotorBug is on a distinguished road

Name: Tom
MotorBug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Had a great time wheelin around hollister hills.<snip> Also go towed out in reverse by a 4runner(thanks Tom). All in all it was a really good time. Oh yeah, I won some cool stuff at the raffle. Just want to say thanks again to Jim for all the help in getting me out of that situation on the hill.
1st post here in TW, referred by good friend and caching buddy JimBCa. Glen, that was me on the really tight switchback that gave you a tug. Happy to help out and as I mentioned then, we never leave anyone behind.

We kinda figure on a trip like this there wasn't enough fun had unless someone gets a little stuck. I've been strapped out more than once!

This is my rig, a 98 4Runner. This was taken on a trip with Jim to Cow Mountain. We kinda missed the sign for this trail that said short wheel based vehicles only.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #37
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
are you 4 wheel drive? I been wanting to go up that way in my pre-runner
I did holister hills in my pre runner. I had to get pulled about 1/4th of the trail but I'm not locked in the rear.