Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Northern California 4x4 trip to Frank Raines

Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
nice, i was looking at pics from the last event. im def gonna have to go to the next one...looks fun
hollister is a blast for a 2wd truck, just watch the speed limit and the rangers
Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
really!!! SWEET!!! FOR SURE GOING TO THE NEXT MEET UP THAT WAY!! thanks brotha!!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #23
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know some people who have 2wd 1st gen with a locker in the back, and i was suprised how capable they were with just 2wd and rear diff locked. if i were you that be my first invenstment, second being really good tires. traction is everything.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #24
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
yea i been told that i should invest in a locker....i do have some nice chunky MT tires

a lil funny, im new to this truck thing. when i first was asked if i had a locker i kinda just stared. in my mind i was thinking "like a storage space locker"........FAIL! haha
Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #25
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea i been told that i should invest in a locker....i do have some nice chunky MT tires

a lil funny, im new to this truck thing. when i first was asked if i had a locker i kinda just stared. in my mind i was thinking "like a storage space locker"........FAIL! haha

it's coo man. we all come from different backgrounds, but you've come to the right place to learn.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #26
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I've been there! This is the place to learn! Coming into this I was pretty much clueless. And now after getting flamed for everything stupid I say, I'm still clueless and now terrified to post anything! Just kidding, but when in doubt say nothing! Haha
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #27
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
I know some people who have 2wd 1st gen with a locker in the back, and i was suprised how capable they were with just 2wd and rear diff locked. if i were you that be my first invenstment, second being really good tires. traction is everything.
You forgot to tell them that no matter what, do not follow you
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #28
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Oh yeah that's right DO NOT FOLLOW ME! Or you will likely get yourself into some pretty f*cked up situations. Latest example:

Although if you have a winch, DO follow me as I will definitely need help out!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #29

Quote:

It's all good when i first got my 4runner i thought i had leaf springs
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #30
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

EMS: EMT/FireFighter
Name: Brian
bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Oh my

that bumper/tire carrier
Haha thanks man ya a total of about 24 hours of pure labor went into both of those projects!! Thanks for the drool haha
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #31
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
damn, looks like i missed out on some fun...you think my 2x4 would be ok out in that area? minus the huge mud pits..lol
Ya you could do some of the stuff out there and there are alot of things that i do in 2 wheel drive, but for the most part all of the fun stuff is very steep and sketch haha and then a gnarly river bed for 4x4. Its in a very vertical valley.. soo is it worth driving out there, yes just to check it out specially if ur with someone else to hit the 4x4 trails, but its a fun spot!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #32
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
it's coo man. we all come from different backgrounds, but you've come to the right place to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladTRD View Post
Oh yeah that's right DO NOT FOLLOW ME! Or you will likely get yourself into some pretty f*cked up situations. Latest example:

Although if you have a winch, DO follow me as I will definitely need help out!
YIKES!!! lol

Quote:
It's all good when i first got my 4runner i thought i had leaf springs
haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruth View Post
Ya you could do some of the stuff out there and there are alot of things that i do in 2 wheel drive, but for the most part all of the fun stuff is very steep and sketch haha and then a gnarly river bed for 4x4. Its in a very vertical valley.. soo is it worth driving out there, yes just to check it out specially if ur with someone else to hit the 4x4 trails, but its a fun spot!
thanks for all the encouraging words fellas
Old 03-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #33
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Quote:
second being really good tires. traction is everything.
..and oh, how I found this out the first time I went to Hollister hills!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #34
TexasOutlaw is on a distinguished road
Air Force: A1C
Name: Sal
TexasOutlaw's Tacoma Gallery
tire carrier and roof rack

did u make the tire carrier, i want one!!!! and where did you get the roof rack??? please send me links!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #35

bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasOutlaw View Post
did u make the tire carrier, i want one!!!! and where did you get the roof rack??? please send me links!!!!
I actually built the tire gate myself I based the design off of the tiregate company product.... and i baught the roof rack off of user dwreck on tacomaworld he makes alot of really nice stuff, but the roof rack was a 1 off rack he built, but i kow he had another for sale, but idk if he sold it or not. Let me know if you have any other questions! I was thinking about building another spare tire gate so if i do i will sell you my old one but im not sure yet! Thanks for the compliment!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #37

bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasOutlaw View Post
i would defiantly buy it off you lol and i will see about that roof rack, how much did he charge you?
250 i think but shipping was like 75 if i remember correctly, but it is still worth it cause even racks that are half that cool are like 500-600
Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #39
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the glen View Post
What is that on your truck behind the rear bumper kinda between the tow hitch an drivers side?
I forgive you since you're new, but there's a build page in his sig that explains it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...gon-build.html

That's the link.

It's his air horn setup w/ his air tank.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #40
Consistently Irregular
Quote:
Originally Posted by the glen View Post
What is that on your truck behind the rear bumper kinda between the tow hitch an drivers side?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
I forgive you since you're new, but there's a build page in his sig that explains it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...gon-build.html

That's the link.

It's his air horn setup w/ his air tank.
Bingo. The tank is a little harder to see. I don't use the horn all that much anymore (only when I go into town ), but the tank has been super useful for filling up tires and such.