Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

San Francisco "any places to go off roading"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Txbaja is on a distinguished road
Txbaja's Tacoma Gallery
San Francisco "any places to go off roading"

I'm currently working in SF Bay Area and was wondering if there are any place close by to go 4 wheeling? Please let me know if you do
Old 03-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
North bay there's a slightly illegal spot at the 101 and highway 37 junction. If you want legal you'll need to head up to the Ukiah area and visit Cow mountain or Lake Pillsbury.

East bay/south bay you'll need to to drive about an hour to hit Hollister hills SVRA, or Frank Raines SVRA.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Let's skip the slightly illegal suggestions next time, eh??
It's not posted as private property. I've been stopped by cops there before and they nicely ask us to leave but have admitted that they cannot make us leave. It's a sweet little spot that dirt bikers and offroaders can be found at on a daily basis. It's just unclaimed property - which makes it slightly illegal. But thanks for getting unnecessarily involved.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
It's not posted as private property. I've been stopped by cops there before and they nicely ask us to leave but have admitted that they cannot make us leave. It's a sweet little spot that dirt bikers and offroaders can be found at on a daily basis. It's just unclaimed property - which makes it slightly illegal. But thanks for getting unnecessarily involved.
There is no such thing as slightly illegal. If they told you they'd like you to leave but can't make you sounds like it's not really illegal.

And if you take a look at the CoC and since you've been around a while - you'll notice that we are against illegal activity and all for responsible offroading. Wheeling spots that are even questionable make trouble for legit offroaders...so your illegal comment started the problem, not me showing up.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Txbaja is on a distinguished road
Txbaja's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the information!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txbaja View Post
Thank you for the information!
Unfortunately, sanctioned off road areas in the bay area are few and far between, Hollister Hills is probably the biggest and most popular around here, Fraink Raines is smaller but also gets used. The other main options involve driving up to the sierras to enjoy.

Subscrib to the NorCal BS thread on this site because ideas for get togethers and wheelin/campin trips usually start in that thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...bs-thread.html

We have a big meet this Friday in Dublin if you'd like to come out and meet a whole bunch of us, check out a whole bunch of trucks and grab a tasty burger: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...march-8th.html
Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
I always called that 37 101 junction Hanna Ranch. I grew up very close to it. It doesn't offer much in the way of a challenge, haha. I get up everything in my prerunner no problem.
It used to be cool back in the day when there were dirt jumps for bmx bikes. Some kid hurt himself and all the jumps were bulldozed.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a bunch of trails up around Indian Valley Reservoir, also, a bit further south, theres Knoxville recreation area. Ive been to both places and have been happy. Check this book out, it has been very helpful to me. Backcountry Adventures Northern California
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
North bay there's a slightly illegal spot at the 101 and highway 37 junction. If you want legal you'll need to head up to the Ukiah area and visit Cow mountain or Lake Pillsbury.

East bay/south bay you'll need to to drive about an hour to hit Hollister hills SVRA, or Frank Raines SVRA.
I have been there several times and only once have I been asked to leave but I've never seen the local PD confronting dirt bikers or ATVs
Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
giantsfan is on a distinguished road

giantsfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I have been there several times and only once have I been asked to leave but I've never seen the local PD confronting dirt bikers or ATVs
Ya its a pretty fun place if your just looking to mess around and not have much of a challenge. When it rains there's lots of mud to play in. If you go in the back there are some more challenging hills, but there still pretty easy.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Ya its a pretty fun place if your just looking to mess around and not have much of a challenge. When it rains there's lots of mud to play in. If you go in the back there are some more challenging hills, but there still pretty easy.

Is this an actual trail or open land? Because if it's open land, I always thought it was not a good idea to go ripping through mud due to damage to wildlife (plants and little beings) Mud on a trail is a different story?

I was always taught to stick to the trail.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #13
giantsfan is on a distinguished road

giantsfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Is this an actual trail or open land? Because if it's open land, I always thought it was not a good idea to go ripping through mud due to damage to wildlife (plants and little beings) Mud on a trail is a different story?

I was always taught to stick to the trail.
There's trails so it's not like you'd be going through the grass. It just has a land for lease sign up there, but that sign has been up for almost 10 years or more

Products Discussed in this Thread