Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Summer camping trip!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Summer camping trip!

I was wondering If anyone was thinking of a trip this summer. i was thinking something big, at least a couple days, somewhere around mid-southern Cali. has there been any talk about something like this?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
King's Canyon is dead center between norcal and socal. 4.5 hrs from the north and 4.5 hrs from the south.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
I might be interested. Not sure what my summer plans are right now, though.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
i always plan a summer camping trip most likely it would be in July. Kings Canyon has been a place I've always wanted to go so I'd be down for that for sure.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would down for a trip like that .
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down, last year was a lot of fun. Might be able to entice the Fiance and daughter to come along this time as well. As long as it's that type of trip again.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
downpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant future

Name: Rob
downpour11's Tacoma Gallery
I'd possibly be down with a couple guys. And we'd bring the BBQ on the 1st gen

Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by downpour11 View Post
I'd possibly be down with a couple guys. And we'd being the BBQ on the 1st gen
BBQ in the First Gen or BBQ The First Gen??!?!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #9
downpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
BBQ in the First Gen or BBQ The First Gen??!?!
lol we made a hitch mounted bbq/smoker. We've since painted it and welded an exhaust etc.

oh my bad typo haha just saw that
Old 03-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #10
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
that cage scares me.

Love the smoker idea though. I love bringing smokers camping, we usually bring a 55 gallon drum that was converted as well. They work great for it. But that only comes when my buddy brings the horse trailer to haul toys, it'd be nice to mount it on a hitch so we can take it when ever. Any pics of how you did the hitch mount on the smoker?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
KIngs canyon is awesome!

From a thread i posted a few months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Awesome!

Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #12
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
damn it, looks like i'll be missing this years anual camping trip.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
that cage scares me.

Love the smoker idea though. I love bringing smokers camping, we usually bring a 55 gallon drum that was converted as well. They work great for it. But that only comes when my buddy brings the horse trailer to haul toys, it'd be nice to mount it on a hitch so we can take it when ever. Any pics of how you did the hitch mount on the smoker?
Yeah I'll get some pics for ya. Ended up buying an extended receiver because we were out of metal, but basically we cut an angled hole in the drum and welded some 2x2 steel on it so you can slide it into a hitch. Pretty straightforward.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #14
ko1featherweigh is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
ko1featherweigh's Tacoma Gallery
Tag! I'd be Interested in doing something like this. I know a couple of guys from Portal that gone camping with would be interested as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #15
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
I think I would actually be done. Maybe
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
damn it, looks like i'll be missing this years anual camping trip.
yea me too. Getting married in July

woot woot!