Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

ETCS Toyota Lawsuit

Old 03-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
ETCS Toyota Lawsuit

So I got a postcard in the mail regarding a lawsuit involving toyota and some problems with the ETCS button... stating that its defective and you can experience unintended acceleration... plus receive benefits, etc, etc.. Its from Gilardi & Co. law services.. located in Petaluma, CA.. Anyone else get one? And if so did you file a claim?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
I did and well as my 3 other friends with tacomas. Im pretty sure we ignored it.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
OK think I got one too, went to my parents house though. wTf is ETCS switch though.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
you misinterpreted this

this is the electronic throttle, no button.

in other words, the lawsuit was all about idiots who stomp the gas or have a floor
mat stuck to the accel pedal and don't know how to shut the engine off...
it is tragic in some ways because anyone can panic, and in a panic you do
not do reasonable things...sometimes you stay in one mode and just push harder
harder while in the panic...

so, toyota was put on the hook to design even more anti-stupidity into the vehicles,
such as brake+throttle kill, new pedals, and crappy floormat hooks
---
toyota and the fed tested the crap out of these systems
and found no faults....and only said maybe there could be a sticky pedal, so...
we'll redesign that piece

you can get a replacement throttle pedal
you can get replacement floor mats and hooks

and that is all I think...
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
I got one. Re-read the postcard I think you have it wrong
Old 03-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I got four LOL!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
machineman89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
lol my dad's 84 GMC...has this issue...sorta....and the clutch return spring is sorta shot, gotta pull it up too...... learned my lesson.... still drive it fine...now that i know, never had much of a panic situation arise... yet brakes n clutch work fine tho...sooo no real possible run away issue
Old 03-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
I got my postcard today & filed my claim online.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
machineman89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
got mine.....uhmm i guess make it a coffee coaster??? .........? not sure what to do with it...
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I think you're supposed to put it in your glove box and wait until you get another notice. Your car's VIN is on it to verify that it's the proper vehicle that it applies to.