Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Sacramento Shop to install 5100's?

Old 03-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Sacramento Shop to install 5100's?

Hey guys, anyone know a shop in sacramento that can put my billy 5100s in? I have always done work myself, I just don't trust my McPherson compressors anymore. Nearly took my face off installing my H&Rs on my BMW. I called major Les Scwab and they will only install their own products.
Or anyone willing to meet up and work on em if you've got a better set of compressors?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked into the jacking up the lca method?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ll-method.html
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Phil at SFS Industries did my lift kit and he is out of Gold River. Coolest cat you will ever meet. Hit him up for a quote. Tell him I sent you:
http://www.sfsindustries.com/index.html
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nguyen View Post
Have you looked into the jacking up the lca method?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ll-method.html

This/\

I didn't even use a compressor when installing the h&r springs and billy's on my old bmw when i had it. Just jack up, disco bolts and lower jack. Easy peasy.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
stlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nice
stlstrs's Tacoma Gallery
I borrowed a spring compressor from Oriely's one time. They had a pin that would lock the hooks on the spring. Seemed pretty secure, no real way for it to go flying. Did a couple spring swaps that way.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
vincetacoma2k12 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic, Contingency Responder
Name: Vince
vincetacoma2k12's Tacoma Gallery
I am willing to help you, just pay for the stall rent fee here at Travis afb... Tools are provided with a wall mounted compressor. It should take 1-2 hours.. And they charge $8/hour to rent the stall
Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincetacoma2k12 View Post
I am willing to help you, just pay for the stall rent fee here at Travis afb... Tools are provided with a wall mounted compressor. It should take 1-2 hours.. And they charge $8/hour to rent the stall
Thanks bud, I appreciate the offer! I was able to do it on my own last weekend. Loving them so far! I always forget that bases have the stalls you can rent. I've always lived off post.

Here's how she sits today!Sacramento Shop to install 5100's?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364422833.665802.jpg
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
I have no skills and want to get Billys installed in Sac too. Is $250 with an alignment a good deal?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I have no skills and want to get Billys installed in Sac too. Is $250 with an alignment a good deal?
It's fair. You figure about $75 for alignment and $175 for labor about 2-4 hours of labor so like $43-$87 per hour for labor.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Well it looks like I could do the rears myself, so it would be $200 to not mess with the fronts plus an alignment. I still have a few months to decide as I'm waiting to get new tires and do it all at the same time. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
That doesn't sound like too bad of a deal at all.

And Ted the truck looks good!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortlie09 View Post
That doesn't sound like too bad of a deal at all.

And Ted the truck looks good!
Thanks bro, how's life? Growin the 'stache back? Which LED bar did you mount behind your grille?

I got an N Fab bar... but i think I'm going to sell it and just mount an LED bar behind my Grillcraft. I like the clean look of nothing in front of the bumper.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
Thanks bro, how's life? Growin the 'stache back? Which LED bar did you mount behind your grille?

I got an N Fab bar... but i think I'm going to sell it and just mount an LED bar behind my Grillcraft. I like the clean look of nothing in front of the bumper.
Lol considering the stache again

And I have a 20" okledlighbars LED bar mounted on a BAMF behind the grill light bar. I'll show at school if you want, just text me. And yeah I like the lights behind the grill personally, but some look good on n fab bars