Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Slick Rock OHV + camping May 18-19

View Poll Results: Wheel on Saturday or Sunday?
Saturday 9 42.86%
Sunday 0 0%
Doesn't matter 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #221
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Folks - post up what you can contribute food-wise, or if you'll be doing your own thing for food. That way I'll have a good idea on how much food to bring.
bump bump
Old 05-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #222
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
I can bring whatever. I will be there only Friday, so I might just bring enough for dinner, breakfast and lunch, but I'm down to contribute if we do some potluck type meal.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #223
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone pickup a costco sirloin and cut it up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBA2TnvvG-w

Someone else can bring butter and I'll bring a skillet, we can cook this up awesome like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMROuQQ5Wbw
Old 05-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #224
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Haha I don't know if the egg rolls will stay crunchy for that long, but please don't let that stop anyone from getting any .

It's up to you on you want to bring. I'm bringing a grill and probably some chicken. I'll also take care of plates, silverware, napkins etc. For those people that want to put in, maybe contribute something for breakfast or lunch?

Folks - post up what you can contribute food-wise, or if you'll be doing your own thing for food. That way I'll have a good idea on how much food to bring.

We may not even need to refry, we could just ask them for the egg-rolls raw, refrigerate them, and then have George fry them (since he offered).
Old 05-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #225
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm off at 1pm that day so I should be able to rendezvous with your guys caravan. I'll just bring food for myself since I'm only there Friday but if someone brings a nice grill maybe I can snag some cheap frozen hamburger patties. Just throw some mrs dash on them and BBQ sauce and they aren't too bad. Or I'll just bring some whiskey and trade for food lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #226
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 05-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #227
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post

Lol, I usually test my tents in my backyard:

Old 05-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #228

I'm going to pop my tents cherry Friday. I didn't want to ruin it today lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #230

How in the hell do you roll up a sleeping bag to fit into a bag the size of a football? Mofo just won't fit.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #231
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
How in the hell do you roll up a sleeping bag to fit into a bag the size of a football? Mofo just won't fit.
Don't roll it .just stuff that mofo in there ..at least that's how I make mine fit and I never have a problem with it.nice tent by the way.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #232
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baoser View Post
i didn't even buy the grill yet >.<
I have a gas grill that Ill bring and I think that MJ is bringing one also so don't worry about that.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #233
Quote:
i didn't even buy the grill yet >.<
That's fine, we can just use a regular pot with cooking oil inside. it's not rocket science to fry. :P
Old 05-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #234
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Hey MJ, looks like we are out. My brother's 4R needed a lot more work than we had planned so won't make it for this weekend.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #235
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
I'm bringing a grill as well, I think the wife is going to make a large portion of potato salad for sharing, other than that, we will just be self sufficient on food.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #236
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
I've never been camping, and my buddy that was coming along can't get the day off.

Camping noob, will need help =(
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #237
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Not going to be able to go. I need to figure out my issues with my front suspension first.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #238
More food ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptUM0...tailpage#t=31s
Old 05-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #239
Quote:
I've never been camping, and my buddy that was coming along can't get the day off.

Camping noob, will need help =(

The things you'll need:

• Food (And everything you need to cook it):
    • A stove or grill
    • pots/pans
    • utensils (for cooking and eating)
    • plates/bowls
    • spices/seasonings
    • ziplock bags (they're great for mixing stuff or seasoning)
    • A cooler (unless all your food and drink is dry)
  • A container that can carry at least a few gallons of water (we can get water at camp sites prior to hitting the trail)
  • A water filter if you're paranoid (Brita should be fine)
  • Sleeping Accomodations:
    • Sleeping Bag (down to 30f)
    • Pillow
    • Sleeping pad (sleeping on rocks definitely sucks)
  • Extra fuel (I'm expecting 10 gal additional will get you to the Stockton Costco and back, some of you with bigger tires may need more)
  • Toiletries (Toilet paper[very important], face wash, tooth paste, tooth brush)
  • Clothes (if you like to change) (Socks, shorts, long pants, heavy jacket, beanie or hat)
  • Sandals and Hiking shoes
  • Fishing poles + bait (if you like fishing, we will be at a lake afterall)
  • A Cup, it's useful for brushing your teeth, filling it with your favorite brew
  • Something to keep you occupied, a book or a game
  • A folding or inflatable chair
  • Allergy Medicine [and any other medication you need]
  • First Aid Kit
  • Headlamp or Flashlight
  • Hammer for driving your tent stakes
The forecast calls for lows in the Mid 30s and highs in the low 60s, so dress warm at night!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #240

Do we not need any permits or anything? I was going to being a tiny little propane stove unless I have to get permits. Then sandwiches all day it is.

Products Discussed in this Thread