Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Slick Rock OHV + camping May 18-19

View Poll Results: Wheel on Saturday or Sunday?
Saturday 9 42.86%
Sunday 0 0%
Doesn't matter 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
NORCAL: Slick Rock OHV + camping May 18-19

Slick Rock wheeling trip May 18
Required: 4x4, decent AT tires, sliders
Recommended: skids + aftermarket bumpers, locker, diff breather mod, recovery gear (winch, hi-lift), CB or FRS radio (I'll have both to communicate between the two)

Tentative plan: Head to the northern trailhead near Lake Alpine on Friday afternoon/night and camp out at Silver Creek. Wheel at Slick Rock Saturday morning at 9AM, then after, hit up Corral Hollow trail. Then camp out Saturday night. Folks are welcome to camp the whole time, part of the weekend, or just do a day trip.

CB channel 30

EAST BAY CARAVAN MEET UP SPOT: Pleasanton In-N-Out at 3PM on that Fri.
PIT STOP/SAC FOLKS MEET UP SPOT: Angel's Camp O'Reillys around 5PM on that Fri

Trailhead: 38° 28' 07.5" N 120° 00' 40.2" W

info:
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=5
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/slickrock.php

tidbits from members...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
I made it through last time on 31s, stock skids, open/open, WITH sliders (<--veeeeerry important).
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/northern-california/219716-slick-rock-trail-pictures.html

Trail had snow on first half mile. Muddy in spots and alot of loose rocks. Fun as always but I think those with out skids and lockers need to be cautious. I would highly recommend sliders, lift, 33" tires. Those without skids will have to take it slow to avoid hitting bottom and those without a locker will prob need to winched up the very last obstacle. For the long WB rigs, you might have to do some multiple point turns for some sections. Anything is doable if you have the will. Take a look at my rig from top to bottom and you'll see what I mean. Can it be done, yes. Can it be done cleanly, no. Made the last obstacle the hard way too. Also for those with open air filters like a cold air, if the water crossing does not get lower might have to think about changing it out.
In all honesty, you won't need a locker unless you plan on taking the hard line at the last obstacle. If not, then you can take the bypass. But even those of us without lockers can do the last obstacle

Pics from last year's trip:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...rock-trip.html

Who's in?
MJonAgs32 (camping all weekend)
09FriscoTaco camping all weekend)
MikeyTG +1 (camping all weekend)
kalieaire (camping all weekend)
Ray +2 (t4r) (camping all weekend)
sytfu510 +1 (camping all weekend)
w3tw0rks (camping all weekend)
Chance Hokanson +1 (camping all weekend)
Baoser (camping Fri night, maybe all weekend)
whiteboy (camping Fri night)
Wicked 2007 (camping Fri night)
MoreFJland (camping?)
younglexx (camping Sat night)
SCRunner12 +1 (camping Sat night)
Carson (day trip)
Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm not shooting a wedding that weekend, I'm down. Hopefully my sliders will be installed by then.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in if I have my sliders and stuff in by then.. Hopefully! Haha
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea sliders are required for this trip. Also recommended 33s and skids. But last year GhostFJ made it through with 32s and bjmoose made it by with no skids. Just be more careful with your lines and you'll be fine
Old 03-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
If my truck is all good i'm in for sure i need to test it out before MOAB anyway
Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Ooooooo. Where do you camp out at? I should be able to get may 18th off if that's when you guys are going to run the trail.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
n00b

We'll camp shortly after the trailhead at Silver Creek (near Lake Alpine). Free
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
We'll camp shortly after the trailhead at Silver Creek (near Lake Alpine). Free
Awesome spot to camp for the night.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #9
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Awwwww maaaannn. I might be moving back up to Sac for a job! (Fingers crossed for the job offer this week) I forgot about how my 2WD blows on all the cool trails up north
Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a maybe. Just subbing for now.
Mostly depends if highway 4 opens up or not.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #12
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down, depending if I can make it to Moab this year. If I can manage the Moab trip, then I'll have to pass on this one. Unfortunately it's looking more like I'll be missing Moab though.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down if I'm not gone at training.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Damn thats right at finals week for me, have fun guys
Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #15
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I might be able to make it
Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
Damn thats right at finals week for me, have fun guys
Lol shit. I didn't realize this was finals week for me as well.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Yea lockers are required for this trip. Also recommended 33s and skids. But last year GhostFJ made it through with 32s and bjmoose made it by with no skids. Just be more careful with your lines and you'll be fine
I made it through last time on 31s, stock skids, open/open, WITH sliders (<--veeeeerry important). I had one spot of fender damage (you can see in Carson's video at 0:33 http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post6642677 where the rock hit his fender, but with my truck that area is metal, so it bent instead of flexing like the second gens can)
Sliders are a definite must, but you can do it with a less built rig, just choose your lines carefully.
I'll be in Australia for this one, so have fun!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in.ill b able to take Friday off if anyone else is thinking of camping Friday night also.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #20
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 2007 View Post
Thanks for the PM

im interested - keep me in the loop on this. been wanting to do slick rock for a while now.
For sure man. Been wanting to see your rig in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
I made it through last time on 31s, stock skids, open/open, WITH sliders (<--veeeeerry important).
Well there you go! Anyone that's thinkin about it, it can be done!

Products Discussed in this Thread