Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

SAN JOSE TACOs WHERE YOU AT!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
Oreojoe688 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Electronics Technician
Name: Joe
Oreojoe688's Tacoma Gallery
If you're doing majority of your driving in the city and then the occasional offroad... 285's will kill your mpg. I have 285's on mine and I accelerate as if there was an egg under my foot and I still only see about 15.5mpg in the city.

I'll have to bring my quad out if we go offroadin, that'd be a pretty awesome time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVtaco03 View Post
Hey all. Not currently in San Jose but signed my intent to enroll for next Fall at SJSU. I have a 03 tacoma pre runner/auto/3.4l and was wondering how fun it is for these off road places. Also what are costs? i mean there is gas of course but entrance fees? I am currently lowered (i know bad idea for this truck) but thinking of going with some 285/75/16s, bilstein 5100s all around with a 1.5 inch icon AAL and the front leveled to match which might be at the max setting? Will these meet a basic standard of offroading and be enjoyable both on and off highway? also if not any recommendations keep in mind i am a full time college student with a tight budget atm and the reason i picked this set up is because the only upgrade down the future i would want would be Icon front coilovers. Hopefully can meet up with some of you people one day.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #22
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
its more of the rating of the tire imo that kills your mpg. 285 p will be better then 285 e
Old 04-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #23
SVtaco03 is on a distinguished road
SVtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
Okay but for this set up with suspension will it be fun in the dirt and ride good on and off road. Heard mixed things about the 5100 but mostly good. Also my truck is 2wd
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
Oreojoe688 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Electronics Technician
Name: Joe
Oreojoe688's Tacoma Gallery
my truck tires howl when on the freeway. It's not that bad since I normally listen to the radio kind of loud so I can't hear them. I don't think 2wd really makes the difference except for Mpg's really. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. 5100's are good I've heard good things about them. I'm running pro-comp suspension just because my truck came like that, but eventually I'll upgrade to the king coil overs. I've heard of more people running the Nitto tires for mudding and off roading though.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #25
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay but for this set up with suspension will it be fun in the dirt and ride good on and off road. Heard mixed things about the 5100 but mostly good. Also my truck is 2wd
I recommend 5100's Front with 885 coils. Rear 5100 with 1.5 AAL (New U bolt/NUT) and Camburg Upper control arms or Racing UCAS ( Perfect for 2wd setup Unless your going to do crazy shit like jumping or need something for LT)

THen for tires 265 70 r17 TOYO OPEN Country AT II or MT.

IF you got locker go for MT!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #26
SVtaco03 is on a distinguished road
SVtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hualampeter View Post
I recommend 5100's Front with 885 coils. Rear 5100 with 1.5 AAL (New U bolt/NUT) and Camburg Upper control arms or Racing UCAS ( Perfect for 2wd setup Unless your going to do crazy shit like jumping or need something for LT)

THen for tires 265 70 r17 TOYO OPEN Country AT II or MT.

IF you got locker go for MT!
Okay awesome advice. I do not have locker although i think that would be a worthy upgrade when all the suspension is finished and if i am really loving the truck. haha.

So the thing about the ome coils is that i plan on upgrading to mid travel as in icon or king front coils down the road. So to that, I dont wanna waste the money on coils now that ill be replacing later. Are the 5100s that bad? Maybe I can squeeze in some uca's the camberg are looking the cheapest unless anyone knows cheaper ones?

the rear AAL is this one btw. AAL

As for tire size. any advantage of 17" over 16" i mean like will i need 17" lets say if I upgrade my front brakes?
And what is the difference between the LT and P rated tires?

Sorry for asking so many questions and im sure I could find them somewhere on this amazingly massive forum but its kinda easier when you already got people helping you

Okay so I also found these control arms while i was strolling around on here Control Arms At 500 that is probably the cheapest that I have seen.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #27
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Quote:
Okay awesome advice. I do not have locker although i think that would be a worthy upgrade when all the suspension is finished and if i am really loving the truck. haha.

So the thing about the ome coils is that i plan on upgrading to mid travel as in icon or king front coils down the road. So to that, I dont wanna waste the money on coils now that ill be replacing later. Are the 5100s that bad? Maybe I can squeeze in some uca's the camberg are looking the cheapest unless anyone knows cheaper ones?

the rear AAL is this one btw. AAL

As for tire size. any advantage of 17" over 16" i mean like will i need 17" lets say if I upgrade my front brakes?
And what is the difference between the LT and P rated tires?

Sorry for asking so many questions and im sure I could find them somewhere on this amazingly massive forum but its kinda easier when you already got people helping you

Okay so I also found these control arms while i was strolling around on here Control Arms At 500 that is probably the cheapest that I have seen.
I got EBC sport rotors in the front with good brake pads. 17 or 16" tires would not matter for brakes unless you get massive 305 tires. LT has a much thicker side wall than a P rated tire. You'll get more thread life out of the LT. But for the new toyo's I mentioned. The P rated is 4 ply with 65K rated mileage.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #28
Zimaura is on a distinguished road

Name: Nj
Zimaura's Tacoma Gallery
SJSU student here, down for a meet whenever
Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #29
KALGER15 is on a distinguished road
KALGER15's Tacoma Gallery
Hollister Hills this weekend!!!

doing a little, camping, riding and drinking

not sure yet but, either leaving friday morning and stay til sunday

or leave saturday and stay til sunday

i am leaning towards leaving friday if i can get saturday off

hopefully see you there
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KALGER15 View Post
Hollister Hills this weekend!!!

doing a little, camping, riding and drinking

not sure yet but, either leaving friday morning and stay til sunday

or leave saturday and stay til sunday

i am leaning towards leaving friday if i can get saturday off

hopefully see you there

Are you going off road or dirt bike?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #31
quad but i might drive over to the other side of the park
Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #32
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
I tried setting something up a while back.... But, South SJ right here.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #33
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Well, if it's totally south bay folks, we could go to Big Basin. It's great for hiking, parking a bunch of trucks, and a quick overnight trip for folks who want to test out their camping equipment for the first time.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #34

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Well, if it's totally south bay folks, we could go to Big Basin. It's great for hiking, parking a bunch of trucks, and a quick overnight trip for folks who want to test out their camping equipment for the first time.
I'm down in June. Anyone know how to scuba? Point lobos got a pretty sweet spot!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #35
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmarshall1 View Post
I tried setting something up a while back.... But, South SJ right here.
I'm down to go to Hollister on a weekend.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #36
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
i would be in for that as well
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #37
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
It would be cool to meet some local Taco owners. I am in Los Gatos.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #38
Big Basin sounds legit
Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #39
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't been on here in ages, but I'm in for at least a meet.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #40
06tacodude is on a distinguished road
06tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Who's the guy I met at the top of Alum Rock Rd last week? Kinda busy, but will try to meet up!