Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

We should start a club...

Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #121
giantsfan is on a distinguished road

giantsfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
I gave him the gist of it. I told him something real basic to put on the back of the windows, probably the size of the current TacomaWorld stickers that we all have. I told him just lettering.

He said he would do it, no problem. He said something that simple would be easy. I think what is usually done is a few are submitted and then chosen.
Has your friend designed the sticker yet?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #122
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
um sooo i kinda already got my stickers cut
Old 04-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #123
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Has your friend designed the sticker yet?
I told him no since I didn't get any kind of go ahead on it and I didn't want to make him push time aside for us if we weren't sure. Plus like I said he doesn't work for free and I wasn't going to pay him 20 per hour (cheap) on a "what if"....he's not a kid.

He's a graphic designer and like all designers he has deadlines to meet. He was going to do me a favor and take time from his current projects to design the sticker. I didn't want to have him design a few, pay him, and then not have this club come forth.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
I told him no since I didn't get any kind of go ahead on it and I didn't want to make him push time aside for us if we weren't sure. Plus like I said he doesn't work for free and I wasn't going to pay him 20 per hour (cheap) on a "what if"....he's not a kid.

He's a graphic designer and like all designers he has deadlines to meet. He was going to do me a favor and take time from his current projects to design the sticker. I didn't want to have him design a few, pay him, and then not have this club come forth.
I understand. I think it would be cool and since no one has really designed a logo he could give it a shot. If he's a graphic designer I'm sure it would look awesome!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #125
SoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to all
Name: Chris
SoBaySick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
We could make a cool logo and everyone who joins could get a decal
and shirts, I can make them

I'd be down!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #126
SoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to all
Name: Chris
SoBaySick's Tacoma Gallery
I design as well if your friend can't do the logo
Old 05-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #127

Definitely!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #128
Robmonster117 is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
Robmonster117's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd, a cool decal could be a good way to look like a group and stand out, especially if meets and trail runs are organized.
Just another idea, It could be cool to design a TW sticker, or use existing ones. and slap NorCal next to that. this way we can keep connected through TW and have our own regional sections next to that. Then it could move to where other regions can have theirs.
What do you guys think?
Old 12-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #129
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Zombie resurrection time. I just got acquainted with CT4WD from the MOAB trip planning thread for may/june.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJLOAIpvH0

This video struck me. Why can't we do that in the USA? I feel that if we do a 4wd club, we should be all inclusive as opposed to being exclusive. Just now, as I was looking for the dood that rage quit on babytruck earlier, I noticed that half the people who respond to these threads don't have/drive tacos but instead own/drive FJs, 4runners, hiluxes, pickups, tundras, or land cruisers. But honestly, why do we have to limit it to norcal?

I feel that it would be good to be THE North America Toyota Adventure Club (NATAC or NATA) or American (meaning all the americas) Toyota 4WD club AT4WD.

Iono, I'm thinking out loud, but there're other possibilities.

We could work w/ the CT4WD guys and create AT4WD for the western hemisphere as an umbrella for everybody and then there could be UST4WD and SAT4WD.

I really like the philosophy that CT4WD is carrying out. Education, Responsibility, and Community Service. I really liked the part where they were conducting 4WD Awareness and outdoor activities AT a dealership! Partnering up with a dealership is a great way to get new members, and perhaps work out a deal for service discounts and discounted parts, or even have dealership carry aftermarket parts like plate bumpers and skids and stuff.

Having membership dues would allow us to advertise. The forums are free, but to join in on events, trips, training classes, we need some help. Dues help pay for things like a website, marketing, fliers, stickers, t-shirts, etc. 20 people at $50 a year could potentially get us liability insurance for events so we can have REAL meets.

I mean think about it, some people have Church on Sundays. The rest of us have Toyotas. We could try to setup monthly meets or eventually bimonthly meets, sometimes community service, classes on how to be spotters, driving over obstacles, learning how to use CBs and HAMs, volunteering. Of course we should start small, but the sky's the limit.

I am absolutely willing to devote a good amount of time towards the organization of this club.