Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Where are you guys finding quality jerry cans?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you guys finding quality jerry cans?

I'm having trouble finding any at a reasonable price. Where are you guys sourcing yours?

I've noticed some guys have the plastic MFCs and some people run the NATO fuel cans. What do you all prefer and why? Lastly, how are you all securing the cans in your truck?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
check military surplus
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-4-NATO-5...item27d04a23d7

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-gas-cans.html

Bed divider + ratcheting straps works the best since it's clean, simple, and secure. make sure to use felt pads between the tanks so they don't rub against one another and make weird sounds.

the plastic mfcs don't bend or warp and you can drive over them w/o damage. metal has other inherent hazards. something more popular than old style nato jerries are rotopax since they come with mounting hardware and are modular and easy to fit with minor fabrication.

one thing universal is that the super siphon is super easy to use and preferred for refueling.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Rotopax

Attached Thumbnails
Where are you guys finding quality jerry cans?-utah2.jpg  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
Rotopax

Dude! You got that super sexy rear bumper that was f/s a few months back didn't you? fold out table, and the sweet gray powdercoat? that thing is tits.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Dude! You got that super sexy rear bumper that was f/s a few months back didn't you? fold out table, and the sweet gray powdercoat? that thing is tits.
Guilty as charged I also scored a nice front plate/winch bumper used too.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
Guilty as charged I also scored a nice front plate/winch bumper used too.

very nice. I'm in the process of having a swing out built onto my existing bumper. I like the fold out table and rotopax capability. Just ordered 2 3gal rotos and the mounting hardware.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I found a couple of nato cans at a surplus shop

The swing out bumpers are really cool, but I wouldn't be able to haul bikes with that setup. I think I'll end up tying them down in the bed with straps, like bjmoose did
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Scepter...

Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
You can get new NATO cans on ebay
Old 05-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round II View Post
Scepter...

I have the same one. Really nice fuel can but I paid out my ass for it . I need to find another one so my one can isn't so lonely. Where'd you pick yours up at?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
I have the same one. Really nice fuel can but I paid out my ass for it . I need to find another one so my one can isn't so lonely. Where'd you pick yours up at?
I snatched mine up from ATO before he sold the Bizz. Kevins a friend of mine so Im sure I got it for a steal. I think I paid like $50 for it?
I have seen them on eghey but for a pretty penny for sure.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #14
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I snatched mine up from ATO before he sold the Bizz. Kevins a friend of mine so Im sure I got it for a steal. I think I paid like $50 for it?
I have seen them on eghey but for a pretty penny for sure.
If I'm not mistaken, I picked mine up from him as well. I paid $100 though at least the seal was new and it came with the donkey penis spout. Yikes, looks like they're $125 on eBay. And another $20 or so for the spout.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
Member #12005
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I picked mine up from him as well. I paid $100 though at least the seal was new and it came with the donkey penis spout. Yikes, looks like they're $125 on eBay. And another $20 or so for the spout.
Yea still @ 100 thats not to bad. Im guessing that included S&H? I just ran down to house for the w/e and grabbed it of his old shop and said this is mine now. Kevin is a good guy sorry to see he's not making Toy parts anymore.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Yea still @ 100 thats not to bad. Im guessing that included S&H? I just ran down to house for the w/e and grabbed it of his old shop and said this is mine now. Kevin is a good guy sorry to see he's not making Toy parts anymore.
I do believe so. I bought it a while ago so I can't remember exact numbers . I'm going to be checking Craigslist to see if I can't find another one.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #17
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone lives in the santa cruz area, I found this NATO one on craigslist. I was going to pick it up, but for the $26 in fuel it would have cost me, it wasn't worth the trip

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/pts/3783142723.html
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #18
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
You can get new NATO cans on ebay
Be careful with the ones on ebay. Some are cheap junk. The cheap ones have a protruding seam around the outside, and spot welds for the handles. There are good ones on there, just make sure you look at the pictures carefully.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #19
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
dam 168 for the jerrys on ebay. idk about other states but i went into a napa auto parts store and saw two brand new red jerrys for $45 a pice, they were metal cans
Old 05-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #20
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Scepter...

I just bought 2 of these new for $60 each