Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

cv axle change in SAC.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
TTBlues is on a distinguished road
TTBlues's Tacoma Gallery
cv axle change in SAC.

I'm passing through. Heading to LA next. Torn inner cv's. Don't want to hit the highway without having them swapped.

Can someone help or recommend a shop in Sac. to do it? I know it's simple shit, I just don't know how, and since I'm traveling in the truck, it's my DD and lifeline.

1999 Tacoma V6 4x4. ADD hubs. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
TTBlues's Tacoma Gallery
is there really no one that can help?
am i really destined for les schwab?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Its a simple job. We all typically do our own work. Nothing wrong with Les Schwab. One of the most reputable companies in Oregon. If you have an issue with them in California, be sure to write management. Les Schwab strives for customer service above any company I've ever used. The employees should be meeting you when you pull up. Some stores they actually run to you.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
TTBlues's Tacoma Gallery
Les schwab is fine, they just want $300 for each side.

I know it's simple and that most users here do it themselves. That's why I thought I might be able to find someone here willing to help out.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to worry about a tore inner for your trip just replace it when you get home. I drove with no boots for over a year with no issues.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You don't have to worry about a tore inner for your trip just replace it when you get home. I drove with no boots for over a year with no issues.
no boots?!?! lol
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
no boots?!?! lol
Not on the outer CV just the inner slider joints hell they were gone in MOAB last year and look who broke axles not me
Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
lol
Take pride in your handiwork!