Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Help: Off Roading 101

Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
ToyoTaco12 is on a distinguished road
Army: 1-17th INF 5 BDE 2nd ID
ToyoTaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Help: Off Roading 101

Hey guys I'm been reading around on here and other websites about what to I should get for my 2012 Tacoma Crew Cab 4x4.
I've heard that I should get the King or Icon suspension with the UCAs (whatever that means haha). I really don't know much about vehicles.
I'll more of the weekend offroading warrior.
What do you guys recommend (ie. suspension & tires size) me to get that will work offroad but still give me a good ride for everyday driving.

Thanks a lot guys.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTaco12 View Post
Hey guys I'm been reading around on here and other websites about what to I should get for my 2012 Tacoma Crew Cab 4x4.
I've heard that I should get the King or Icon suspension with the UCAs (whatever that means haha). I really don't know much about vehicles.
I'll more of the weekend offroading warrior.
What do you guys recommend (ie. suspension & tires size) me to get that will work offroad but still give me a good ride for everyday driving.

Thanks a lot guys.
Honestly Kings and Icons can be pretty pricey if you're planning on just going offroading once in a great while. A lot of people here run Bilstiens or Old Man Emu (OME) which are cheaper but work just fine. Keep looking and reading around the forum and you'll find what you need for what you plan to do.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i use my truck's 4x4 for hunting trips. i dont go off road for recreation (anymore).

having said that, i have been in some gnarly stuff trying to find game..or get game out. a bone stock tacoma is damn capable. i did lift mine ever so slightly to keep the tires out of the wheelwheels..from grinding.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Honestly Kings and Icons can be pretty pricey if you're planning on just going offroading once in a great while. A lot of people here run Bilstiens or Old Man Emu (OME) which are cheaper but work just fine. Keep looking and reading around the forum and you'll find what you need for what you plan to do.
I'll look into that and keep reading around.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i use my truck's 4x4 for hunting trips. i dont go off road for recreation (anymore).

having said that, i have been in some gnarly stuff trying to find game..or get game out. a bone stock tacoma is damn capable. i did lift mine ever so slightly to keep the tires out of the wheelwheels..from grinding.
That's true. I went to Hollister SVRA and took the wrong route and still was able to manage through it with a guide.