1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bodie Run-planning thread

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by Killer Red Taco, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Feb 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco [OP] NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    I am wanting to setup a run to Bodie, Ca and areas north to Tahoe.

Date: Hoping for Labor day weekend would be a 3-4 day trip.
    Basic Outline:

Day One

Staging in Oakdale, Ca meet and greet. At 7:00 am and we would need to be moving by 8 am. Would travel over Sonora Pass (hwy 108). Then proceed to Bridgeport, Ca where we could fuel up and get some last minute supply's. Should arrive before noon.

Then we could set out to Masonic (an abandoned mining camp) then travel south to Bodie (state hist. park, ghost town). We could spend a few hours here depending on the time, I like to hit up Aurora, Nv (mining camp) time allowing.

We could then camp up at Twin Lakes, west of Bridgeport.

Day Two

We could Check out the Bodie Hills in the morning. And then would like to Head north up Hwy. 395 to Hwy. 89 & Hwy. 395 Junction (about a 1 hr drive) and head up Monitor Pass to Loupe Canyon. And we could run the Barney Riley trail and explore the catacomb of trails in the area. We could camp in the area, will be undeveloped and will defiantly be ruffing it.

Day Three

Day three is very open, we could split up and do some fishing on the East Fork of the Carson River, Or we could do some more exploring the trails. We could also go over too Virginia City or Lake Tahoe. We could find another campground where ever we head. I figured this could be the wives or Gf's day.

Day Four

Say our goodbyes and head home, we could caravan back to the valley down Hwy. 50 or Hwy 88.

This is a very ruff idea for this trip and is very open to input and changes. I am by no means a expert of the Bodie area and someone familiar with this area would be great.

Requirements

4 wheel drive is a plus but a capable driver with a prerunner with a locker would be ok. Recovery points front and rear of vehicle (stock ok). Enough food and water for planned days plus 2 extra days for every person. Extra fuel (gas cans). Spare tire. Recovery straps 30 ft preferred, shackles. First aid kit. Basic map and or GPS. CB or two radio; cell service is very rare. Basic necessities like toiletries, clothes. Also a way to air tires back up, IE air compressor or tank.

Bodie info

Barney riley is 4wd only or recommend but there is room to park trucks that don't want to attempt the trail, and could ride with others.

I don't want this to be a Norcal only event, would like for Nevada guys to join us at bodie, and would love for some Socal guys to come with us.

2. Feb 20, 2009 at 11:29 PM
    Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Member:
    G'Ville, NV
    Vehicle:
    Taco TRD OR
    Not much yet, got a pretty good sound system w/ my custom sub box. Plan on adding more lights & a tool box.
    Lemme think on that one. I'm in Gardneville, NV. That would be a cool trip. The Aurora mine is still active, so can't get too close, but still several old buildings & crap to see lower in the valley. Just hunted near Masonic (NV side, so didn't go to the town) Could set you up with a place for obsideon (sp?). I usually don't 4X just to 4X, I hunt, fish, mine. Could set up with the local 4x4 club guys...almost all Jeeps, but a couple Toys.

3. Feb 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM
    kmillan

kmillan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Templeton, Ca
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4 TRD Offroad
    Donahoe Racing Coilovers Revenge Fab sliders Demello Bed Bar
    Would a prerunner with 9" lift be okay? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a pretty good time man, long drive for me but sounds like it would be well worth it. I'll try and make it

4. Feb 21, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    Killer Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    As long as it is blue, and has street tires and no locker it would rule. :lalala:

5. Feb 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM
    Killer Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    That sounds really good, I really hope to get a least a dozen rigs, not only yota this would be a jeep friendly run, if they can hang. :)

6. Feb 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM
    Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Member:
    G'Ville, NV
    Vehicle:
    Taco TRD OR
    Not much yet, got a pretty good sound system w/ my custom sub box. Plan on adding more lights & a tool box.
    Uhh, hang? They're packin 34's-36's, dana 60's & Red Man. They can hang. Some are just on the edge of whether or not to trailer their rigs to get to the rox. I'm sure my rig (factory) won't hang w/ them. Been waitin for a trip w/ them that has bypasses.

7. Feb 22, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    I was really joking about the hanging part, we won't be getting to crazy cause I will have have my taco and not my 89. But it is always fun to watch em do some crazy stuff. But my taco like the crazy stuff too. well maybe a little crazy.

8. Feb 25, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    Carone

Carone Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOR CAL
    Vehicle:
    LOOK HERE!!! 02 TRD xtra cab v6 4x4 white
    Look at my Build
    that sounds awesome leme know the date

9. Feb 25, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I would totally be down if I was a little older. :eek:

10. Feb 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    kmillan

Member:
    Templeton, Ca
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4 TRD Offroad
    Why does it matter? I'm only 18, possibly 19 depending on when the meet is, and I'm planning on being there

11. Feb 25, 2009 at 10:13 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Still living at home...mom wouldn't let me. :eek:

12. Feb 25, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    kmillan

Member:
    Templeton, Ca
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4 TRD Offroad
    Ha yeah so am I, but I'm outta here in a few months:D

13. Feb 26, 2009 at 9:24 PM
    Killer Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    Come on, where are all the norcal guys at?

Bump

14. Feb 28, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    tgr8st

tgr8st Member

Member:
    I'm down! Oh wait, no 9" lifts with street tires and no locker.....shitty

:p

15. Feb 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    Killer Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    If you want to roll, I will have my strap again. :)

Word to wise for everyone, watch for the locals.\/\/\/\/

[​IMG]

16. Mar 2, 2009 at 12:59 AM
    Mr.Fahrenheit

Mr.Fahrenheit Dennis = sinneD

Member:
    American Canyon, California
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco 3.4L 5spd TRD
    K&N CAI, HUSKY LINERS, LOW PRO TOOL BOX, GRAY WIRE MOD, OPTIMA RED TOP, GOODRIDGE STEEL BRAKE LINES, FAB TECH LIFT,
    hey i might be willing.....im a total neub but i got start some where and why not go with pros.......

17. Mar 2, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    This isn't gonna be hardcore wheelin trip, mostly just exploring the back country on decent roads. Barney Riley will be the only challenging part of the whole trip. And I really don't expect it to bed all that bad.

18. Mar 3, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    Mr.Fahrenheit

Mr.Fahrenheit Dennis = sinneD

Member:
    American Canyon, California
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco 3.4L 5spd TRD
    K&N CAI, HUSKY LINERS, LOW PRO TOOL BOX, GRAY WIRE MOD, OPTIMA RED TOP, GOODRIDGE STEEL BRAKE LINES, FAB TECH LIFT,
    ok cool well count me in!!:D

19. May 18, 2009 at 9:12 PM
    Killer Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    I am setting a date: Labor day weekend! in september.

20. May 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM
    Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Member:
    G'Ville, NV
    Vehicle:
    Taco TRD OR
    If I don't draw-out for an antelope, I'll seriously consider it. Might be wheelin/hunting a bit futhur north.
    :pray:
    :mudding::infantry:
    :yay::hungry:

Products Discussed in

To Top