Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Gold Lake Run PT.2 June 7-9

Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #41
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone would like to caravan a little later in the day, lmk. I'm in the east bay area
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #42
HAVING FUN is on a distinguished road

HAVING FUN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
I'm not sure I can make it to Raleys in the morning. Still have a little to do on the truck and still need to pack... Might have to go a little later. Is everyone doing the trail run first thing or later in the afternoon? I can probably leave at around 11-12 and I'm 2.5 hrs from the Raleys
We will probably be at camp +/- noon. Set up camp, venture a little, maybe fish a little, might just kick back and do nothing, myself, will probably have to baby sit a couple of drunks and make sure forestfire doesn't have to work overtime at our expense.

Saturday, more than likely do the snake trail run in the mid morning since it's the difficult trail of them all.

EDIT: Will be leaving Raleys by 9:00 am at the latest.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #43

Quote:
If anyone would like to caravan a little later in the day, lmk. I'm in the east bay area

4rnnerFan- T4R- Will be heading up about 5:00 pm Friday. He is in Sacramento.

If you are serious about this, you can send me your number and I can text it to him and a message in the morning.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #44
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to leave to early to meet him I think. I don't like trying to find campsites at night. Speaking of which, how can I find the campsite? Have any coordinates?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #45

Quote:
I'm going to leave to early to meet him I think. I don't like trying to find campsites at night. Speaking of which, how can I find the campsite? Have any coordinates?

Not sure of exact spot of where. Jon post a map on t4r.org page 4 or 5 on the thread.

Snake Lake, sierra, ca. you can google earth and pic a spot to pull the numbers. Here is some I just did n. 39* 40' 43.39, w. 120* 41 32.71

Sorry I can't be no more help, first time for me going here. We should be in radio range from there. CH 13.

Hope to see you there.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #46
Camps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really nice
Name: Greg
Camps's Tacoma Gallery
any pics or advice from the trip? i'm headed up to Gold Lake next weekend. Any good fishing? thanks
Old 06-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #47
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
We posted pics on the t4r thread
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-ro...e-7th-9th.html

One of the guys caught a decent size trout at Snake Lake but I didn't have such luck. I also tried casting out at Gold Lake but I think the fishies were too far and too deep to get by shore.. plus some jackasses were water skiing right by us. So try and go real early in the morning
Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #48

Go on the SNAKE TRAIL, the 2 lakes have fish in them. The taller you can get your ride at ( ground clearance ), the better you are going to be. Not sure how much under carriage carnage cmj received on this run, no comment cmj?
Old 06-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #49
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVING FUN View Post
Go on the SNAKE TRAIL, the 2 lakes have fish in them. The taller you can get your ride at ( ground clearance ), the better you are going to be. Not sure how much under carriage carnage cmj received on this run, no comment cmj?
I slid on my sliders a few times but no damage to the undercarriage. I did kiss the back of my bed on a rock going down the dreaded chute on Snake Lake trail. Nothing major. All in all I came out pretty clean.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #50
Camps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really nice
Name: Greg
Camps's Tacoma Gallery
nice work fellas!!! i just spent the last hour reading your thread on the trip. Great pics!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camps View Post
nice work fellas!!! i just spent the last hour reading your thread on the trip. Great pics!

Saying Thanks for the whole group here. Check that thread out in a week or 2 out, Jon will be putting up a little video from our adventure.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #52
downpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant future
Name: Rob
downpour11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I slid on my sliders a few times but no damage to the undercarriage. I did kiss the back of my bed on a rock going down the dreaded chute on Snake Lake trail. Nothing major. All in all I came out pretty clean.
Props to you again for making it down that section! That's crazy you didn't have any underbody damage from that trip. Leonard on the other hand was trying to blend in with all the rocks hahaha