Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Trail Run-end of July/beginning of August

Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #21
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics of the last events? Mainly the counselors. Seriously though, any pics? I'm curious about all this. I don't think I'll be able to get time off work since I've used all my vacation time already
Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #22
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Any pics of the last events? Mainly the counselors. Seriously though, any pics? I'm curious about all this. I don't think I'll be able to get time off work since I've used all my vacation time already
I didn't know anything about his until I started Google searching after this thread was started. When I finished, I was thoroughly impressed with the foundation.

Here is a link to one video

http://vimeo.com/40894450

Here is a YouTube channel for the camp

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE1CDF793518C7A34

Here is a extra YouTube video about the guy that that started/runs the foundation, Steve Wampler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEB6mEVTRqc
Old 07-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting that!! I didn't get any shots of the counselors, but I did get some of the trail and the group of kids.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #24
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Another bump. Also to add, there were hot counselors there last time.
Room for one more rig?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #25
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
Room for one more rig?
I'm sure there is. Email that Jenny ward from the first post. She's kind of running the whole deal. Glad to have you along!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #26
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm sure there is. Email that Jenny ward from the first post. She's kind of running the whole deal. Glad to have you along!
Done.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #27
I'm your huckleberry

I also found this video on their youtube page.
I tried to embed it, but I am failing.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #28
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Done.
Awesome! Thank you very much. I'm going to post this again in the Reno thread, hopefully we can drum up some more support.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Awesome! Thank you very much. I'm going to post this again in the Reno thread, hopefully we can drum up some more support.
For sure. So if I don't get a response, should I still show up with you guys?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #30
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
For sure. So if I don't get a response, should I still show up with you guys?
I would say yes. She was pretty quick to email me back the second time I emailed her. I think maybe I had the wrong address the first time.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #31

Alright. Sounds fun
Old 07-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #32
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would say yes. She was pretty quick to email me back the second time I emailed her. I think maybe I had the wrong address the first time.
Sent her a email, we'll see

I know it is close to the dates, but wanted to check and figure out if I can work it out.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #33
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Sent her a email, we'll see

I know it is close to the dates, but wanted to check and figure out if I can work it out.
Cool! Thanks!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #34
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that looks like crazy fun especially for the little guys/girls.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #35

Tried to "route" it via google. Now google assumes I'm trippin.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #37

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
What days is everyone shooting to volunteer for? I'm kinda limited to Sunday the 4th unless I ask my wife to take a saturday off.
I emailed Jenny last night and got a response today in the afternoon.

From what I got back, they might need some help with the week ending 10/11 August. Not sure yet as she forwarded me to the 4x4 transportation coordinator and I haven't heard from them yet.

Either way, it looks like it is a great cause.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #38
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
What days is everyone shooting to volunteer for? I'm kinda limited to Sunday the 4th unless I ask my wife to take a saturday off.
I, along with the other two NV guys are going up the 10th. They might need help on the 4th too. Jenny would know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
I emailed Jenny last night and got a response today in the afternoon.

From what I got back, they might need some help with the week ending 10/11 August. Not sure yet as she forwarded me to the 4x4 transportation coordinator and I haven't heard from them yet.

Either way, it looks like it is a great cause.
Thats what she told me too. Thats when we are going up.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #39
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a video i found

http://youtu.be/4TICt2qSIAQ
Old 07-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #40
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Also it takes about an hour and a half already looked it up, cant wait