Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Trail Run-end of July/beginning of August

Old 06-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Trail Run-end of July/beginning of August

Ok guys. I am putting this out there as a "need help" thread. The run is around the Graeagle area, into what is called Hawley Lake. This is a run to help out some disabled kids from the Sacramento area(Ithink). The run isnt technical, but it is fun. Its getting out in your truck, doing some wheeling and helping some kids have a trip of a lifetime. I did this in my Dodge 2500 diesel on 35s a couple years ago and had no trouble. I am going to do the August 10th run. You guys are welcome to do any weekend you like, but I know they are needing more people for the last run out, which is the 10th. In the next post down is more info from another forum I am on. The lady to contact is Jenny Ward to let know if/when you can help out. Really hope to see some of you there.
Jenny's contact info: jenny_ward@att.net

TJ
Old 06-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is an opportunity to offer your time, talent, and rigs to help put smiles on the faces of those less fortunate than us - some disabled kids. Camp WAMP (rhymes with stomp) is looking for a bunch of 4x4ers that would be willing to transport kids and their wheelchairs and gear plus counselors and their gear on an hour and a half trek to or from camp in the High Sierra. The campsite is a bit remote so you need a capable 4x4 with a little clearance and 4low, a KIA Sportage made it 4 years ago. Most of the trail is easy with just two challenging spots.

The dates for the treks are as follows:
July 27, Saturday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
August 3, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.
August 4, Sunday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
August 10, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.

If you would like to participate, please have space available in your rig for at least 1 camper and 1 counselor and some gear. We would like to make sure that everyone that participates has a great time, so we are asking for a little cooperation and a little information beforehand so we can plan. If you really want a camper in your rig, just say so and we will try our hardest to make it happen, especially for the first-timers. If you have been one of the very valued transporters in the past, maybe you can reach back in your memory banks to remember the special feeling from those huge smiles to make sure a newbie has the same experience.

Now for the tough part, group leaders you are an awesome part of this program. We need space for 47 campers and counselors and their stuff on the opening inbound trip, July 27 and the closing outbound trip, August 10. All of the people and gear go in or come out on those days. The in between days, August 3 and 4 are a little lighter since some of the counselors will stay in camp over the weekend.

I know it seems like a lot to ask for a commitment for a volunteer outing, but these kids need us and our rigs to get them to and from camp. The payoff is huge. These kids get such a big kick out of being like regular kids on an off-road adventure. The smiles you put on their faces will stay with you forever.

So, leaders and any 4x4 enthusiasts out there, please circulate this information to get the word out to come and help some kids that really need our help.

The first inbound trip is pretty full with Diablo 4 Wheelers and Hills Angels groups. For individuals that email me to signup, please be flexible and patient as I need to fill in large groups first then add you where needed.
I am hoping that several locals will participate helping take the kids out of camp. But we still need some folks from down in the valley or beyond just in case the bus is overloaded with gear.
Again Jenny's contact info. Please be patient with her, it took a few weeks to get a response when I emailed her.
jenny_ward@att.net
Old 06-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Im down for the 10th of August if thats when your going. Tacomas show up
Old 06-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
I'm your huckleberry

It's a dirty trick I know. Sunday bump!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
I'm your huckleberry

Monday morning bump.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

so your coming all the way from Elko to do this?
Old 06-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Here for the boobs
Old 06-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
so your coming all the way from Elko to do this?
Yeah. This is something most of these kids have never done before, and will never get to do again. I just like to be a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Here for the boobs
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here for the boobs
X2
Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
I'm your huckleberry

Be great to have you there! I hear you on the long trek, mine is about 340 miles to Graeagle. Rocklin is Sac area right?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
my dick led me here
Old 06-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Be great to have you there! I hear you on the long trek, mine is about 340 miles to Graeagle. Rocklin is Sac area right?
Yea, it's looking to be about a 2 1/2 trek for me which isn't too bad. Just gotta clear the trip with my wife for the sake of child care. She normally works weekends.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
I'm your huckleberry

Bump.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #15

My name is in the hat Metting at the Museum in Plumas Eureka state park. Anyone know where that is? I have directions
Old 06-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
Needs money for mods
HombreSteven is on a distinguished road

HombreSteven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here for the boobs
X3
Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #17
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
My name is in the hat Metting at the Museum in Plumas Eureka state park. Anyone know where that is? I have directions
Yeah thats where we all met last time. My grandparents usually stay most of the summer in Graeagle, so I stop by there and snag some cinnamon rolls on my way through. I'm hoping we can get linked up with someone who knows the trail from there, because I dont remember. Do you know who all is meeting there?
Old 06-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Yeah thats where we all met last time. My grandparents usually stay most of the summer in Graeagle, so I stop by there and snag some cinnamon rolls on my way through. I'm hoping we can get linked up with someone who knows the trail from there, because I dont remember. Do you know who all is meeting there?

no idea
Old 06-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #19
I'm your huckleberry

Bump.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
I'm your huckleberry

Another bump. Also to add, there were hot counselors there last time.