Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

2nd Gen Torque settings

Old 06-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen Torque settings

After searching a bit, it seems torque values are kind of spread around the forums. Since I do not have a shop manual for my truck yet, I am trying to put together a set of torque setting for my 2012 in one spot.

For now, I researched suspension items since that was my first major modification. (borrowed mostly from BJMoose's OME install thread)

I'd appreciate any input on corrections.

Front Suspension:
Lower Shock Mount - 61 ft lbs
Upper Shock Hat center Jesus bolt (take it off accidently and you will be screaming his name, or something else) - 20 ft lbs
Upper Shock Hat Mount (3 small bolts) - 47 ft lbs
UCA to Frame * (long pain in the ass bolt) - 85 ft lbs
UCA to spindle (adjustment) - 60 ft lbs
Sway bar mount to frame - 30 ft lbs
Sway bar to spindle - 52 ft lbs

Rear Suspension:
Lower Shock Mount - 74 ft lbs
Upper Shock Mount - 15 ft lbs
Rear Leaf Pack * (Front bolt and two rear bolts) - 89 ft lbs
Ubolts - 73 ft lbs (stock), 75 ft lbs can be recommended by some aftermarket vendors

Wheels:
Lugs * - 83 ft lbs

Notes:

* torque under load (wheels resting on level ground under truck weight)

*edit for Ubolts* Toyota transposed numbers in the service manual for ubolt torque. It is actually 73 ft lbs and not 37.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Good info to have handy.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
rjjencke is just really nicerjjencke is just really nicerjjencke is just really nicerjjencke is just really nice

Name: Robbie
rjjencke's Tacoma Gallery
I have been collecting and creating this list myself for the past few days. Mainly because the 'Service Specifications - Suspension' link can be a bit confusing to a newbie.

Torque Specs link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...que-specs.html

Guide of install - Front:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...removal-8.html

Guide of install - AAL:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html

This would be a nice sticky IMO.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Some of this will be a great addition, however because there are various changes in torque value over the multiple years and platforms, you would have one VERY large list. I have access to torque specs from Toyota, and I can tell you it would take 300 lines to even try and post just the torque specs for the engines for just a few years. Perhaps limit it to certain sections of the Tacoma for specs?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just replaced my LCA bushings and was looking to re-torque all the major points in the suspension and used the attached PDF that is floating around TW.

Besides what is mentioned in the OP don't forget about:

LCA to frame (cam bolts) ~100 ft lbs
LCA to spindle ~118 ft lbs
tie rod ~41 ft lbs
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TACOMA TORQUE SPEC.pdf (9.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 11-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
rjjencke is just really nicerjjencke is just really nicerjjencke is just really nicerjjencke is just really nice

Name: Robbie
rjjencke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post

Ubolts - 37 ft lbs (stock), 75 ft lbs (aftermarket) I'd like input here since there seems a lot of values

Wheels:
Lugs * - 83 ft lbs
CaliAsh, after some research on this site, Toyota appears to have typo'd the U-bolts torque at 37. Everyone seems to think this should be 73 lbs instead.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjjencke View Post
CaliAsh, after some research on this site, Toyota appears to have typo'd the U-bolts torque at 37. Everyone seems to think this should be 73 lbs instead.

Yeah, I need to edit that as I found that out a few weeks ago. The service manual transposed the numbers for the u-bolts.