Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Camping & Wheeling - Deer Valley - 8/23-8/25

Old 07-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #61
BayAreaRunner is on a distinguished road

BayAreaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Don't think you're going to get a trailer through deer valley keak, have to leave it at the camp site. Which we do come back to anyways. Just a FYI.
Alex- wasn't planning to wheel the trailer, and I believe that deer valley is still closed.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #62
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
Brian are you actually going to drive on the trail? I'm debating if I will with mine, since I don't have all the gear like everyone else.
I've been on a few trails man. Sliders are a must if you don't have em.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #63
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRunner View Post
Alex- wasn't planning to wheel the trailer, and I believe that deer valley is still closed.
It's closed at the meadow there is still good wheeling on the south side of the trail.

Quote:
Brian are you actually going to drive on the trail? I'm debating if I will with mine, since I don't have all the gear like everyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I've been on a few trails man. Sliders are a must if you don't have em.
X2 if you don't have sliders you won't make it 30 feet into the trail without body damage.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #64
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This whole trip is for deer valley, lol it's open just when you get to the water you cannot cross to the other side. We did this trail last year. Didn't like having the RTT on top?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #65
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
It's closed at the meadow there is still good wheeling on the south side of the trail.

X2 if you don't have sliders you won't make it 30 feet into the trail without body damage.
Well I'm hoping to have my sliders from you by then Jerry
Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #66
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I'm hoping to have my sliders from you by then Jerry
Oh That's right you got on the GB i better get to work
Old 07-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #67
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh That's right you got on the GB i better get to work
haha yes! But so Jerry with a lift, tires, and sliders would i be OK?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #68
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha yes! But so Jerry with a lift, tires, and sliders would i be OK?
Yeah just pick careful lines with no skids but it can be done.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #69
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to get in on this!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #70
BayAreaRunner is on a distinguished road

BayAreaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This whole trip is for deer valley, lol it's open just when you get to the water you cannot cross to the other side. We did this trail last year. Didn't like having the RTT on top?
well, it was a PITA setting up the tent and then setting it back down, but with a trailer it seem to be much more easier and plus my center weight wouldn't be as heavy.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #71
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well, it was a PITA setting up the tent and then setting it back down, but with a trailer it seem to be much more easier and plus my center weight wouldn't be as heavy.
The tent weighs about 130 pounds. While it is weight up high, I don't know that it matters as much as the height it adds.

I have a short ladder that makes the process of deploying/packing much easier.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #72
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And you bought that RTT too early i'm about to do a GB on some
Wait wait wait a second! How did I miss this?

Really?
Old 07-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #73
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yup I will be there +3 to camp maybe 4x4..... Maybe to see the really see how a stock TRD 4x4
Old 07-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #74

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm guessing it might be a good idea for me to invest in a radio for this? Any suggestions? I dont have any comms right now
Old 07-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #75
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

IMO you will need:

-CB Radio ( or FMRS at least )
-Sliders
-Lift of some sort
-Skid Plates ( at least IFS skid )
-Good Tires
-Cut Exhaust ( cut after the axle )
-Full Size Spare

Be prepared to take damage. Last trip we had:

2 Busted Valve stems resulting in 2 immediate flats
1 busted rear window on 4 runner
1 Busted Drive Shaft ( due to bad line )
Numerous damage to skids,bumpers..
Expect curb rash to your wheels.

Expect pin-striping courtesy of mother nature.

Quote:
So I'm guessing it might be a good idea for me to invest in a radio for this? Any suggestions? I dont have any comms right now
Myself as well as many members use this CB:

Has a small box to mount under wherever you like. Everything is contained in the handheld portion. Only downside is no SSB.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #76

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm I'm missing skids and comms. How easy is it to alter the exhaust? Im just running stock.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #77

Quote:
Hmm I'm missing skids and comms. How easy is it to alter the exhaust? Im just running stock.
exhaust is easy, just use a saw and cut it after the axle.

Example:

Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #78

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IMO you will need:

-CB Radio ( or FMRS at least )
-Sliders
-Lift of some sort
-Skid Plates ( at least IFS skid )
-Good Tires
-Cut Exhaust ( cut after the axle )
-Full Size Spare

Be prepared to take damage. Last trip we had:

2 Busted Valve stems resulting in 2 immediate flats
1 busted rear window on 4 runner
1 Busted Drive Shaft ( due to bad line )
Numerous damage to skids,bumpers..
Expect curb rash to your wheels.

Expect pin-striping courtesy of mother nature.

Myself as well as many members use this CB:

Has a small box to mount under wherever you like. Everything is contained in the handheld portion. Only downside is no SSB.
Some reason there is no picture:/ where else could I see a pic of it?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #79
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Think he was talking about this cobra CB

https://cobra.com/detail/75-wx-st-co...aa-weather.cfm
Old 07-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #80
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as a maybe.