Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Camping & Wheeling - Deer Valley - 8/23-8/25

Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
NORCAL: Camping & Wheeling - Deer Valley - 8/23-8/25

Deer Valley is closed in the middle of the trail, but if we run it from the South end until the first water crossing and back, it'll be a pretty good day of wheeling. We'll hit the trail on Saturday at 8AM but we'll be camping all weekend

Camping @ Hermit Valley Campground is right off Hwy 4 so anyone can camp out and ride with anyone else on the trail. No fees

Required: 4x4, decent ATs, sliders
Recommended: skids + aftermarket bumpers, locker, recovery gear (winch, hi-lift), CB or FRS radio (I'll have both to communicate between the two)

Pics/Vids from previous trips:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...20-8-21-a.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...eo-thread.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiXlzTwM1Fw&feature=plcp

Deer Valley trail info:
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=1

Trailhead coordinates (South end):
38° 32' 20.5" N 119° 53' 48.2" W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
The Menu

Saturday Trail day Breakfast
Sausage,Egg & cheese muffins

Saturday Lunch at the water crossing
Hot Links and hot dogs

Saturday Dinner
TriTip Sandwiches, Baked beans and a cold pasta salad

Sunday Breakfast
JLee's famous Breakfast Burritos
For those of you meeting at Autozone on Friday, please be mindful of traffic so that you are there on time. The address is 3828 East Main Street, Stockton

CB channel 30 and FRS 6-13 for comms

List (and departure times):
Jerry's food list - $25 each

Alpha Q Up +2 leaving early Fri morning
07trd4x4 +3 leaving early Fri morning
sytfu510 +2 leaving Fri 11-12PM
BayAreaRunner leaving Fri 12PM
MJonAgs32 Meeting at Stockton Autozone on Fri @ 6PM
DaJeepDad Meeting at Stockton Autozone on Fri @ 6PM
JLee +2 Meeting at Stockton Autozone on Fri @ 6PM
jluu44 Meeting at Stockton Autozone on Fri @ 6PM
Lil'Taco Meeting at Stockton Autozone on Fri @ 6PM
brian +1 Meeting at Stockton Autozone on Fri @ 6PM
jberry813 +3 Leaving Friday evening (from Tahoe)
msu15 +1 leaving Fri 6PM
t.hornstra leaving Fri 6PM
SCSPerformance +2 leaving Sat morning
bjmoose leaving Sat morning
w3tw0rks departure time TBD
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery

Please let me fix my truck by then...and not break it again.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for now. I never know my plans, but I have nothing on the calendar yet.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

Please let me fix my truck by then...and not break it again.
Yes please lol! Keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
I'm in for now. I never know my plans, but I have nothing on the calendar yet.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You are the king of setting these up. I was looking into dates for my cabin, but figured we could do that in September. Pumped to check out a new trail.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
I might be able to make it, going to try my best..
Old 06-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
You are the king of setting these up. I was looking into dates for my cabin, but figured we could do that in September. Pumped to check out a new trail.
Oh damn I forgot about your cabin. Can we possibly do it in Sept? I've been wanting to hit DV
Old 06-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
4runner Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Oh damn I forgot about your cabin. Can we possibly do it in Sept? I've been wanting to hit DV
Yeah the later in the year will probably be better for me. Less people and the weather is still really nice. Maybe the 13-15, but I'll make a thread for that.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
I want to hit this trail, bad. I have important stuff on the calendar that weekend unfortunately. I'll catch the next one!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in! it's most likely going to be too easy with the new set up but I love it up there. Don't follow me I'm taking all the hard lines
Old 06-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Might be in.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
If we go to the cabin when it's snowing, maybe we can get MJ's friend's brother in law to come out with the unimog again to blaze the trail a bit.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
younglexx is on a distinguished road

younglexx's Tacoma Gallery
put me down for this
Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
If we go to the cabin when it's snowing, maybe we can get MJ's friend's brother in law to come out with the unimog again to blaze the trail a bit.
he has like 15 different rigs of some sort and he picks and chooses which one to take for any given trail. haha must be nice!

hey if time permits, we can try to hit up Corral Hollow on the way home. We'll have Jerry bring his chainsaw so we have no issues this time
Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #15
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt I'll have my sliders by then.

Can I get to the camping grounds with out sliders just to camp?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #16
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Count me in! I'll take leave. I have ome kit with 265 70 17s and I'm getting sliders. Anything else you recommendi try to get before?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #17
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm A Possible, Will Be Camping The Week Before So I Won't Know until Then...
Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 AM   #18
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post

This + 4X4 just to camp. If not, anyone single wanna let me tag along?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #19
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post

You can get to the camp spot in a car it's right off the road. I'd like to have all the sliders done before then but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
Count me in! I'll take leave. I have ome kit with 265 70 17s and I'm getting sliders. Anything else you recommendi try to get before?
Bumpers if you don't want to eat up yours. You will for sure hit your bumpers on something on this trail.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #20
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Front skids are a good idea.

MJ - just got the days off! My last wheelin trip this year!

What time are we leavin Friday?