Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

TRD Quickshifter, knob, and boot...

Old 07-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
kalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant future
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
To each his own, but mods like a TRD Quickshifter is purely aesthetic since you will not likely drive your truck in a race. If you do end up driving your truck in a race, you'll likely do so with a LT setup, super charger, larger tires and rims, and a lot of other mods that would make sense to do first than spending money on a TRD Quickshifter.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
ReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really nice

Name: Sean
ReddingtonTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
To each his own, but mods like a TRD Quickshifter is purely aesthetic since you will not likely drive your truck in a race. If you do end up driving your truck in a race, you'll likely do so with a LT setup, super charger, larger tires and rims, and a lot of other mods that would make sense to do first than spending money on a TRD Quickshifter.
Perfect. Thanks! I needed that to get this idea out of my system
Old 07-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
kalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant futurekalieaire has a brilliant future
If you're really into the mod spirit and are looking to go on group trips and want something cheap, here's a list:

1. breather mod
  2. cb radio uniden 520xl + firestick 4' antenna + jerry's cb mount + 23.76' RG58A/U cable + pl259 connectors + electrical tape + add-a-fuse low profile + external speaker
  3. tailgate anti theft mod (hose clamp + plastic coated wire)
  4. WeatherTech floor mats
  5. Trim/remove mud flaps
  6. Install dedicated Cell Phone Power supply
  7. Rear view camera on anytime mod
  8. Washable Cabin air filter
  9. Stock Penzoil Ultra/Platinum + Oil filters (purchase on special) for when your free 25,000 mile maintenance runs out
  10. Purchase/Install locking gas cap
  11. LCA Skids
  12. Engine Skid
  13. Transfercase + Tranny Skids
  14. Rear Diff plate cover
Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
ReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really nice

Name: Sean
ReddingtonTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
If you're really into the mod spirit and are looking to go on group trips and want something cheap, here's a list:

1. breather mod
  2. cb radio uniden 520xl + firestick 4' antenna + jerry's cb mount + 23.76' RG58A/U cable + pl259 connectors + electrical tape + add-a-fuse low profile + external speaker
  3. tailgate anti theft mod (hose clamp + plastic coated wire)
  4. WeatherTech floor mats
  5. Trim/remove mud flaps
  6. Install dedicated Cell Phone Power supply
  7. Rear view camera on anytime mod
  8. Washable Cabin air filter
  9. Stock Penzoil Ultra/Platinum + Oil filters (purchase on special) for when your free 25,000 mile maintenance runs out
  10. Purchase/Install locking gas cap
  11. LCA Skids
  12. Engine Skid
  13. Transfercase + Tranny Skids
  14. Rear Diff plate cover
Thanks! Back in my late teens and early 20s, I used to do crazy stuff on some of the trails back in AZ with my older Toyotas. I did most with the old school trailmaster suspension lifts, with very few additional mods. It seems like it can get quite expensive these days with all this extra equipment. I suppose this opens up the window to more difficult trails however, huh?

My latest truck is the baja tacoma with the "motorhome" front bilsteins-ha, remote rears, tuned leafs, HD-all weather flooring throughout, Cat-back, decent wheels, and BFG ATs. I was able to do Hollister blue's without an issue (aside from ripping up stupid rigid mud guards), but it seems like most of the guys on here are knocking out black diamond stuff left and right? Do you feel that for Northern Cal trails, some sliders will be enough to get be started, or at least hang with the rest of the crew?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddingtonTRD
Thanks! Back in my late teens and early 20s, I used to do crazy stuff on some of the trails back in AZ with my older Toyotas. I did most with the old school trailmaster suspension lifts, with very few additional mods. It seems like it can get quite expensive these days with all this extra equipment. I suppose this opens up the window to more difficult trails however, huh?

My latest truck is the baja tacoma with the "motorhome" front bilsteins-ha, remote rears, tuned leafs, HD-all weather flooring throughout, Cat-back, decent wheels, and BFG ATs. I was able to do Hollister blue's without an issue (aside from ripping up stupid rigid mud guards), but it seems like most of the guys on here are knocking out black diamond stuff left and right? Do you feel that for Northern Cal trails, some sliders will be enough to get be started, or at least hang with the rest of the crew?
Desert trails of AZ are a little different than the deeply rutted trails we have in the Redwood forests up here, I would gather to say the lift you get w/ the TX Baja might not be enough anymore even at Slick rock. With that said, Hollister SVRA doesn't really count as a difficult place to roll through. If you don't mind denting your truck a little bit, you won't need sliders. If you want your truck to stay pretty, stay off the trails. :P

If I had a second chance to decide what to get, I'd probably have picked up Especk's 2010 with $$$ to upgrade the front to a 2012 style and get a V6.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ized-sale.html
Old 07-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
idk if Stanley knows this, but the 6spd in our trucks have LONG throws. I went ahead and got a short shifter just so that it feels "normal." Otherwise it feels like shifting an 18-wheeler.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
idk if Stanley knows this, but the 6spd in our trucks have LONG throws. I went ahead and got a short shifter just so that it feels "normal." Otherwise it feels like shifting an 18-wheeler.
Lol, yes, compared to my 240sx w/ the nismo solid shifter, the Tacoma is a little long. but still shorter than my uncle's 22re pickup. The length of the shifter and the throw of the clutch pedal prevent me from driving ... "spiritedly" which is a good thing for the truck's transmission.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
NerdAlert is on a distinguished road
NerdAlert's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my tacoma 6MT and I can tell you that one of my first mods is going to be a short shifter. Totally not needed but I traded an STi for it and I can't stand how long and loose this tacoma shift assembly is.

Products Discussed in this Thread