Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Passenger window replacements in the bay area?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
cameron is on a distinguished road
Name: Cameron
cameron's Tacoma Gallery
Passenger window replacements in the bay area?

Looking for some local advice and suggestions on this, any help is greatly appreciated!

So some fucktard broke into my tuck and broke the rear passenger door window and now I need to get it replaced. Anyone recommend a good place to do this? I'm going through ins now but I'm not sure it will be worth it as I have to file a claim, pay my deduct ($100) and likely have my rates go up. There was a little damage to the exterior and the interior door panel so if I have to file a claim I'm assuming just get that done at the same time. I've never had to make a claim on my ins so I'm not totally sure of the adverse affects but I'm sure it will be similar to a prison raping.

The thief did leave me the screw driver they used to break out the window

Truck is an 06 double cab and has the oem tint, i think it's just a dye in the glass?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Most insurance companies won't bone you with a rate increase if it's a situation like that. It's not your fault.

Just to be sure, talk to your agent, they'll be able to tell you exactly what will happen.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
cameron is on a distinguished road
Name: Cameron
cameron's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply! Yeah after speaking with my agent yesterday no rate increase so I'm just gonna let them handle it. I'm taking it to Cooks Collision in San Ramon if anyone has had any experience with them. The door and interior panel have some scratches now so I'm just gonna get it all fixed.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet deal, I just wish I realized that my interior panel was scratched up before I made my claim. :P My window got smashed in SF last July. At the time I had my truck for barely 2 weeks.