Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

you ready for the new bay bridge?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
you ready for the new bay bridge?

it is gonna be nice.

shoulders for the folks unaware of preventative maintenance, and break down on the bridge will be nice. it will definitely help if they get off the travel way.

you guys adjusting your bay area commutes?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
NerdAlert is on a distinguished road
NerdAlert's Tacoma Gallery
I get off at the last SF exit on 80, riding to work today was awesome there was no one on the road! It's gonna be a b*tch getting to Tahoe on Friday though..
Old 08-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
So what is exactly closing? I see signs but I have the hardest time understanding while I'm driving
Old 08-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcm12 View Post
So what is exactly closing? I see signs but I have the hardest time understanding while I'm driving
http://bit.ly/17pndh4

probably should stop driving if you're gonna visit the forums.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
http://bit.ly/17pndh4

probably should stop driving if you're gonna visit the forums.
Thanks Stan -.-
Old 08-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Thomas Jefferson is on a distinguished road
Name: Derrick
Thomas Jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Are they going to have the same mechanism that takes pictures of your plates and bills you the toll on the Bay Bridge soon? I only take the Golden Gate now because of it. Way less traffic.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Kelvin is on a distinguished road

Kelvin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Are they going to have the same mechanism that takes pictures of your plates and bills you the toll on the Bay Bridge soon? I only take the Golden Gate now because of it. Way less traffic.
I'm pretty sure they've had that for quite a long time now. You are talking about the fastrak lanes right?
Old 08-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
I'm pretty sure they've had that for quite a long time now. You are talking about the fastrak lanes right?
No he's talking about the tech that allows for people without fast track to have their license plate pic taken and they are sent a bill in the mail. In my opinion it's extremely wasteful but hey, it reduces traffic and in turn, inevitable rage.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
Kelvin is on a distinguished road

Kelvin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
No he's talking about the tech that allows for people without fast track to have their license plate pic taken and they are sent a bill in the mail. In my opinion it's extremely wasteful but hey, it reduces traffic and in turn, inevitable rage.
Well that sounds rather useful. Bit of a waste of paper, but useful. I thought he was talking about having fastrak and just running through it without the transponder.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcm12 View Post
Thanks Stan -.-
lololololll
Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
Well that sounds rather useful. Bit of a waste of paper, but useful. I thought he was talking about having fastrak and just running through it without the transponder.
It might be a waste of paper, but think of how much money people are saving on fuel because the bay bridge isn't backed up every single day. At least paper is recyclable.

It was a huge challenge for the Golden Gate to overcome traffic because of it's smaller size in relation to the Bay Bridge. If the Bay Bridge removed all the human manned toll stations just as the Golden Gate bridge has, traffic would slide through faster than a hot dog down a hallway.

We'd also be reducing a lot of East and South Bay Pollution.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #13
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
if your plates are registered..just drive thru fasttrack..they will snap a pic.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
if your plates are registered..just drive thru fasttrack..they will snap a pic.
Yeah Ive done that when I was late for the Giants game and was in a fuck it mood. For future reference $5>$50
Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Yeah Ive done that when I was late for the Giants game and was in a fuck it mood. For future reference $5>$50
$5 is actually <$50

hahaha
Old 08-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #16
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
this new bridge is more chinese than american, chinese steel chinese bolts+ lazy american workers = a shitty bridge. oh what's that the bolts from china is already breaking and will cost another 29 mil to fix, oh thank god i don't pay taxes.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
$5 is actually <$50

hahaha
I should have put better than. Whatever you get what I'm saying
Old 08-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
this new bridge is more chinese than american, chinese steel chinese bolts+ lazy american workers = a shitty bridge. oh what's that the bolts from china is already breaking and will cost another 29 mil to fix, oh thank god i don't pay taxes.
You still getting all your news from FaceBook?

Edit: Sorry to come off rude Eric. I also thought that the amount of time and money spent on this bridge was ridiculous. Then i realized that's today's standard. Things move slower as more expensively, every government project follows those guidelines nowadays. Here's a good stat for you, last bay bridge : 28 worker deaths. New bay bridge: 0 deaths.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
Quote:
sorry, you dont know what the eff you are talking about.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #20
Quote:

a lot of it comes down to design decisions made in the beginning of the bridge's inception, over 16 years ago.

While this bridge might be one of a kind, the calculations, math, and materials used to build it are not. A lot of the issues come down to a break down in decision making and the people at the top who signed off on a project even with serious issues outstanding in the design because of external pressure.