Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Powder Coating

Old 09-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery
Powder Coating

Hey there gents (and ladyfolk, too)!

I'm work in a small motorcycle restoration shop with my father and have been doing more powdercoating as of recently.

I recently picked up a spare set of TRD OR rims and figured I'd toss the idea out there for potentially having a "core" exchange for anyone who wants their rims done but don't want the long lead times.

These are the rims that I have; uncoated and untouched (outside of a little cleanup)

You pick the powder, I'll spray a sample, once you give me the okay I'll take a deposit and coat the rims that I have.

When completed, I'll personally deliver the rims and help get your truck on stands, we'll then take both sets to a tire shop and have your current tires dismounted and remounted on the coated rims.

If you don't care about the lead time, I can still powder coat rims but because a lot of folks on here have the same rims (and it will be a while before I need mine) I figured I'd see if anyone wanted to take this up.

Here's our website if you'd like to take a look!

http://www.oldschoolcarbs.com/additi...owder-coating/
(feel free to inquire about carburetors too, I mean, it's only what we do )

I don't have a price worked out just yet because I'm not sure what interest would be in something like this. AND bear in mind that I will not be painting the center caps, at all, ever. That will be your responsibility to take YOUR centercaps and have them color matched or paint them yourself. I hate paint.

SO, PM me if you have any questions/comments/concerns/criticisms or just feel like telling me what you had for lunch (please don't do the last one).

Thanks,
Jarrod
Old 09-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
I have a set of OR wheels if you need another extra set off my 2012... =)
Old 09-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
What do you do for the center caps and lugs? Mine were easy-black. Quick spray paint and I was good.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Painting the OR rims black is like a night and day difference. Silver was ugly!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baoser View Post
I have a set of OR wheels if you need another extra set off my 2012... =)
Depends on what you'd be asking for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
What do you do for the center caps and lugs? Mine were easy-black. Quick spray paint and I was good.
I haven't coated the rims yet, I'll amend the first post if that was confusing, those are the rims I have that are going to be prepped for coating.

I WILL however, post a picture of a few motorcycle rims I've coated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Painting the OR rims black is like a night and day difference. Silver was ugly!

I derped my first gen alloys until I had time to PC them. Turns out I don't need to because I found these =)

And I think Toyota needs to get their act together in corresponding colors between rims and cars... I mean who the HECK puts aluminum colored rims on a lunar mist (goldish color) truck. It's appalling.

I think that dark bronze color looks pretty snazzy on black trucks (and some white too)
Old 09-12-2013, 03:31 AM   #6
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
Up for reasonable offer, set of 4 with center caps and lugnuts, TPMS not included though.